Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI shall perform RFC to SAP-ERP and create an IDoc using the data from RFC

Markus7
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear experts

I ask for your help and ideas to the following request on SAP PI 7.11.

I receive data from a FTP legacy system and need to create an IDoc. Within the mapping I need to perform a RFC to the Target-SAP-System (ERP), because I need some informations from there for creating the IDoc. The RFC function module requests a table as input and returns another table, which I need to use for creating the IDoc.

In the past I realized scenarios like this with ABAP-mappings (parse inbound message -> call function x destination erp -> build IDoc). For some reasons I do not want to do this with ABAP mappings.

I think the best way would be a Java-mapping. Since I am developing in Eclipse the RFC should also work outside the PI.

1.) How can I perform this?

2.) Shall I use JCo in the Java-mapping? How is this done?

3.) Do you other better ideas?

Thanks in advance

Markus

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

R u callling RFC and posting IDOC in the same ECC Box.

If yes then in that case u can use Inbound proxy scenario - Once u received the data in ECC through inbound proxy u cal RFC FM and get the required data from RFC and then post the IDOC using inbound using associated process code and FM in R3.

In this case u dont have to Do any RFC look up from PI mapping which will avoid additional step of sending data to RFC and getting responde. which will avoid processing time.

chirag

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Markus7
Participant
0 Kudos

I registered and activated the queues. Now the messages have been processed but are in status System Error. I think I will be able to fix this.

Regards

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did u check the smq2 smq1 tcode and check what is the system error.

chirag

Markus7
Participant
0 Kudos

Now I can see the XML messages in transaction SXMB_MONI / SXI_MONITOR of the ECC. The problem is now, that they are in status scheduled and are not processed.

Does anybody have an idea?

Markus

Markus7
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Chirag and Markus

First of all many thanks for your suggestions. I did not think about using a proxy scenario but I think this would be a very smart solution. I am already working on the proxy scenario but I still have some configuration issues. If there are any news or additional questions I will post them

Best regards

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

as Chirag has said - if can replace the IDOC with a proxy call you could do that because its less complicated then a IDOC with RFC.

But if you still need it, from PI 7.1. you have the RFC Lookup function available in Graphical Mapping.

This is a function that allows you to get data from other systems by RFC which you require to MAP your IDOC structure.

If you need more information on this, let me know.

best regards,

Markus