Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VL10BATCH executes multiple times

vijaymanikandan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have scheduled a batch job to run everyday night for creation of deliveries. The job runs and creates deliveries and gives error logs which I can see in V_SA. So far good.

Has any one done parallel processing using the parallel generator concept in this job? I know the setting is there in the User role tab but I am curious to know if someone had done this got a good result. We are using parallel processing in other programs as well so the configuration setting is available.

Regards,

Vijay V

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vijay,

Yes, we have used this with good result.

Like anything in business, don't do it unless you have a sound business reason. The fact that a functionality is available is not justification for using it. For instance, if your delivery due list currently executes to your satisfaction, there is no reason to change it. If your current job cannot complete within the required time frame, you might benefit from parallel processing.

Drawbacks and problems are detailed in https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/399068 and related. If you have never done this before, you will need Basis assistance to implement.

Best Regards,

DB49

vijaymanikandan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are already using parallel processing. There was a problem in my variant and solved it.

Regards,

Vijay V