Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a HCM P&F drop down list - sharing my solution

former_member182500
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Like me, it would seem a few of us are having issues with getting drop down lists working in Adobe Forms within the HCM P&F framework. I would like to share my step by step solution with you, I hope it helps someone when all they want to do is bang their head off the wall in frustration!

Step 1 - Choose the correct object library drop-down element

Throughout the various object libraries there are many drop-down list elements available. According to your requirements focus on those available from the ISR Native Controls object library. Even though OSS note 1098009 suggests only drop down lists from the WebDynpro Native library works, I get SOM (Scripting Object Model) expression errors ralting to the greyed out binding for the value list.

I select ISR DDL No Element Preselect from the ISR Native Controls object library.

Step 2 u2013 Remove unnecessary event scripting for the drop-down element

If you select the drop-down element you have just placed in the design view you will see Adobe LIveCycle (ALC) has defaulted script into four events u2013 exit (Javascript), ready:form (Formcalc), ready:layout (Formcalc) and preopen (Javascript).

Bizarrely the scripting code placed in the ready:form event is Javascript. Remember ALC set this as a Formcalc event. Remove code from all four events.

Step 3 u2013 Configure the drop-down element binding

The DDL needs to be bound to the context field in two places. Go to the Binding tab of the Object Palette and explicitly set the binding to your required field via the dropdown button to your context.

We also need to set the binding for the item values. Click "Specify item values". You will get a popup window where you need to populate the Binding fields Items, Item Text and Item Value.

Set Items with the line $record.sap-vhlist.I0001_ANSVH\.DATA\.FIELD.item[*] where I0001_ANSVH would be replaced by your desired field. DO NOT use the context button to set your binding u2013 the value returned by ALC does not work.

Set Item Text to text and Item Value to key.

Step 4- Check backend service field configuration

Via HRASR_DT Design Time check your service field is correctly configured in your form scenario. Set the binding for the Default Value and Input Help columns. Also check the record index field is configured correctly according to your service field u2013 if your screen structure field is MAIN then set record index to 1, otherwise your screen structure field is LINE so set record index to *.

Step 5 u2013 Test

Execute your form process and test the drop-down works.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This would be perfect as a page on the wiki - perhaps you'd consider posting it there?

matt