cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Threads finding it's way to top

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well I do not know if I should call the following a bug or not but thought of at least reporting here.

1. Let's say there is a old thread.

2. Someone bumped with a one liner response like "Do this" or may be posted some wrong link.

3. You use the Report Abuse button and report the post.

4. The Mod gets into action and removes the "erroneous" post.

But the thread still shows up in current threads with icon stating that some update has taken place.

So my question is once the Moderator deletes/hides this post can't the old thread go back to past and not show up in current listed threads becuase someone else may jump in and revive the old thread once again!

For example -->

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
someone else may jump in and revive the old thread once again!

Replying to old threads will be bumped to top of list,in this either poster can take action to close this thread

by selecting "Closed but Unanswered" or

else moderator will come into picture to close these threads in mass by selecting this new option.

Closed but Unanswered

Above option will not allow further replies to old threads.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nope, the status is just an indicator.

It does not and should not (IMO) lock the thread.

Cheers,

Julius

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But see this thread in case 'Closed but unanswered" there is no reply link or icon.

For example

Former Member
0 Kudos

OMG! You are correct!

But that is wrong. What happens if someone does still have something valuable to add?

Even with moderator rights, we cannot "open" these threads again.

This "locking" should be undone IMO. Who wanted to have these threads automatically locked as well?

Cheers,

Julius

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But the thread still shows up in current threads with icon stating that some update has taken place.

I don't think that is true.. at least that's what I've noticed. Deleting a "bumped" post will automatically push the thread back out of the queue.

pk

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well if you check the thread I had referred as an example, you will notice that it is in queue of current threads, even there is a mention about some update in Last post column as well.

So not sure if the Mod deleted the post or just hide the post.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rejecting the post only makes it invisible.

This can be done either by deleting it completely or rejecting in one window and in another open one physically deleting it.

The same (bump) applies to editing old threads.

Cheers,

Julius