cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTS Authorization Object for Legal Regulation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does anyone know why GTS does not have authorization objects on Legal Unit Level? Is this going to come out in GTS 10.0 ?

Thx,

Marc

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Might be because they have provided it at FTO and Legal regulation level. But what could be the business requirement(security issue) for having Authorization objects at Plant (legal unit level)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abir,

The issue is the following. The Customer only has one Company Code under which there are several plants, as the company is organized in Business units who are competing with each other, each Plant can only look at its own documents. So Legal Regulation and FTO does not help in that case... I heard there are Transaction Variants, but I don't really know what that is... maybe that would help. Do you know anything about that?

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

yes, maybe that would be an option. I am gonna try it as well.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Snippets/TransactionVariant-AStepbyStepGuidefor+Creation

..will let you know

Cheers,

Gabriel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc: Yes transaction variant is a good option, but for that, all the users need to be identified and segregated. And Gabriel has already provided the link for SHD0. I have a doubt that, what happens if a single user is working for multiple plants?

Good thing is at most transactions in GTS where in logical decisions are required, Legal Unit is a part of selection criteria.

Abir