Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Russian Characters getting displayed as # in form

Himayatullah
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have maintained translations for text modules in Russian language. Tried using fonts TIMECYR,HELVCYR fonts. But the translations are still getting displayed as # only.

Any help in this regard would be of utmost help.

Code page of app server is 4102.

Thanks & regards

Himayat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you try with device type SWINCF?

Regards,

Aidan

Himayatullah
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Adian,

I think that th problem is with font. Because what I have seen is that there is a custom report in our SAP system which gives information about texmodules maintained in different languages. What I see is that this report is displaying all # for textmodules maintained in Russian language.

If you have any idea, let me know.

Thanks & Regards

Himayat

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Himayat,

The device type SWINCF is independent of the form language or the font. This is why I asked you to try this one. The Russian characters should be mapped to a suitable font in windows.

Is the preview in SAPGUI or via browser/PDF? What is the result of the physical print?

Regards,

Aidan

Himayatullah
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Adian,

Both in preview and generated PDF it shows # only. I checked it table STXFTXT.Its showing what we maintained. So why is this happening ...donno..

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Himayatullah,

For PDF conversion, you need to install true type fonts to support the Cyrillic characters.(see SAP note 322998) If you use a non-Unicode device type like SAPWIN, then you need to import the true type fonts via report RSTXPDF2. The foont need to be imported under SAP font families COURCYR, TIMECYR and HELVCYR. Windows true type fonts Courier New for SAP font familiy COURCYR, Times New Roman for TIMECYR and Arial for HELVE should work.

If you use a Unicode device type like SWINCF, then report RSTXPDF2UC should be used.(see SAP Note 999712 and attached guide)

Regards,

Aidan

Himayatullah
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Adian ,

I will go thorugh these notes and let you know. Thanks a lot for valuable inputs.

Regards

Himayat

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think it is in the text editor that you see the # characters. Is this correct? Do you use the MS word as sapscript editor? This is a Unicode editor weras the old sapscript editor is not.

Transaction I18N -> I18N Customizing -> MSWord as Editor.

Here you can check and uncheck the flag settings for 'Sapscript' and 'Smartforms'

Then click on 'Activate'.

If the problem is with # characters when you are printing, please ensure you print vai a device type that supports Cyrillic characters like SAPWIN, SAPWIN5 or SWINCF.

Regards,

Aidan

Himayatullah
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Adian,

The problem is when we are displaying the russian characters.(in print preview/display originals option). We have device type as SAPWIN.