cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Choosing the right adapter?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm working on a project where an AS400 environment is being replaced.

The end situation will be SAP ECC + an ecommerce platform from ATG + warehousemanagement system.

All will be exchanging through PI. The PI version will be 7.11 (maybe 7.3.)

In the interim situation we also need to have the AS400 exchanging over PI.

I have some questions:

1) what are the best ways to connect the AS400 system to PI

1. i know JMS can be done, (but we will not have MQ series or similar available as it is only an interim situation)

1. i know JDBC can be done.

1. are there other ways, which is the preferred way?

2) anyone with experience for the ATG platform? what are the best options there?

1. i got some information that the ATG can produce XML messages. Then it still leaves the question of what is

the best way to connect it to PI

should i use HTTP or SOAP or WS or ......?

3) in general: does someone have (a link to) an article that gives an overview so i can easily see what are deciding factors for choosing adapters in terms of performance, security, ....?

Thx for info.

Kind regards

Robert

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

xinjiang_li
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Personally I think the best way is web service, which you can implement by using soap adapter.

If they have already had flat files or temporary table, you can also use file adapter or jdbc adapter.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

question is obsolete now.

as400 with jdbc is feasible, but good knowledge of stored procedures on the as400 side is really needed to make it work,

else you wont get the thing to work.

i think using file adapter might be the easier way to go.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Choosing the right adapter totally depends upon the requirement and of course, the service established at the application end.

In my previous project, we had AS400 system for the application, and we used to communicate with it using JDBC (as it was a database service they provided).

If the application is any web service, then its better to go for a SOAP adapter.

-Supriya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

There seems to be some JT400 protocol, which is JAVA.

That looks to be the way things are heading now.

Any suggestions as to how this works? Should it be by JAVA proxy then?

KR

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Choosing right adapter depends upon the ability of legacy systems to accept data which is send by PI.

For example - In my last project We have As400 integration which was acception files and easily processing the same so we have used File adapter?

So you have to ask the legacy system owner by which mode they are accepting the data.If the system accepts data either by File/HTTP/Webservice then u decide which adapter to be used again choosing adapter depends upon what is the critical data r u sending to Legacy system.

chirag