cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V5R4 upgrade object conversion timing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Does anyone have actual timings of the object conversion that occurs during a V5R4 upgrade? We plan to upgrade our Dev/QA server (4 processor 830) this weekend. It would be helpful if you could share the object conversion time, system type, number of processors, memory, and the approx number of objects converted (we have about 400,000 database objects with all of the SAP systems we have on this server).

TIA,

Stan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stan,

when I ran this command on RISC machines and not coming from CISC it was always pretty short - even for many DB-objects, because most of the conversion is not done at all there. Do you have experience that this happens on one of your boxes for a few hours ? I would 1 hour or so ...

Regards

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here's the actual timings for the R3<sid>DATA libraries on an 830 4-way running 3 database object conversions concurrently using DSPOBJD to trigger the conversions.

R/3 4.6C 1 hr 30 min

CRM 4.0 1 hr 45 min

BW 3.1 1 hr 10 min

SM 3.2 0 hr 45 min

XI 6.0 0 hr 35 min

Stan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stan,

that's what I had in mind, that it doesn't take too long and especially is not really dependent on the table size but on the table numbers.

Would this timing be more or less ok for you or you you need definetely to know, that it costs you less on your prd server ?

What is the prd hardware ?

Regards

Volker

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Here's the actual timings for the R3<sid>DATA libraries on an 890 24-way in our production environment.

R/3 4.6C 0 hr 40 min in a 12 processor LPAR.

Regards,

Stan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Volker,

This timing is all I need for estimating our production upgrade. I'll post the actual times that we observe in production for reference. The production server is an 890 24-way. I'll post the number of processors in the various LPARs with the actual times.

Regards,

Stan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Volker,

This timing is all I need for estimating our production upgrade. I'll post the actual times that we observe in production for reference. The production server is an 890 24-way. I'll post the number of processors in the various LPARs with the actual times.

Regards,

Stan