Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUP. Requestor Last/First Name autofill

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear colleagues!

My business asked me about possibility of autofill "Requestor Last/First Name" fields. So if I try to create request, system must fill requestor's fields automaticaly, for example, basing on my login. For my business I answered "No, it's impossible", but I still I have some doubts. Does anybody have assurance in this feature? It is very inconvenient to deprive customer of possibility to choise between auto and handle fill.

Regards,

Artem

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

This is very much possible.

How it works exactly depends on the setting of your user data source. Ideally you would create an LDAP connector pointing to your corporate directory, configure the LDAP field to AC field mapping in Configuration - Field Mapping - LDAP and then set your user and search data source to LDAP.

If you do that, any user search will go through your ActiveDirectory and pick up all the information you have configured in field mapping and add it to the request form.

If your Windows user ID is identical to SAP you could also set the authentication data source to LDAP so that requesters and approvers can login with their windows password.

Frank.

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Frank for answer!

But we don't use LDAP, could we bind abap identification instead ldap?

Regards,

Artem

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Sure, any data source (LDAP, ABAP (CUA?), UME) that has the data will do.

Frank.

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, I've tried to make the following:

Create pseudo-LDAP system. When I go to "LDAP Mapping" and try to find Requestor Name in AC field I didn't see needed field, there are only Manager's fields.

Also I looked at Field Mapping -> Provisioning, and found out Requester's AC fields. But seems it's not what I'm looking for... I've got proof when I go to Create Request (no information has been assigned)

Regards,

Artem

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Didn't you say you don't have LDAP????

What you need to map is user name - it will be filled for requester, user, manager as appropriate.

Try setting everything to UME (all data sources), the create a few users there and you'll see how it works.

Frank.

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

No, Frank, I didn't say that we don't use LDAP. I sad that if we use LDAP we don't have possibilty to map Requestor's field to LDAP fields.

You can see it in Cofiguration -> Field Mapping -> LDAP Mapping: there is no any requestor field to map.

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You may want to read your last post to see what you said

Anyway, LDAP mapping is on a per-entry basis, i.e. the fields there are for requester, user, approver or manager.

You use LDAP mapping to tell CUP which field of an LDAP person entry corresponds to which field in CUP. You have to enter the LDAP attribute names for User ID, first name, last name etc. (example: in AD, User ID usually is samAccountName).

Once you do that and set the data sources to LDAP, the entries on the request form will be filled properly (provided your LDAP settings like user path etc. are configured correctly).

Frank.

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Oh, and it's not Field Mapping - Provisioning, it's Field Mapping - LDAP Mapping.

"Provisioning" is where you pick which CUP fields go where is SU01.

Frank.

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Excuse me, Frank, but when I sad "we don't use ldap" I meant that LDAP is using for other aims and managed by my colleagues. That's why I created pseudo-ldap. There is very poor chance that they allow me to make some changes

You use LDAP mapping to tell CUP which field of an LDAP person entry corresponds to which field in CUP. You have to enter the LDAP attribute names for User ID, first name, last name etc. (example: in AD, User ID usually is samAccountName).

Regarding to you reply I should ask you, how could I do this mapping?

In CUP there is no field of Requestor (here is the [list|http://narod.ru/disk/27322767000/list_ACfields.jpg.html])

Appreciate you for help!

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

<sigh>

Again: YOU DO NOT NEED TO MAP REQUESTERS SPECIFICALLY

You map LDAP user data, and it works for any of the users on the request form.

Please do this:

- create a user on the local UME (Java Stack) with all details

- set search data source, authentication data source and user data source to UME

- create a request

You should see the requester data pre-filled

Regarding LDAP: you only need a read-only user in LDAP. For test purposes, your own windows user and password should do. I suggest you get a consultant for a day to assist you, this is not easy to explain in a forum like this.

Frank.

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you, Frank, for your patience!

I will try to follow your answer and reply as soon as posible.

Regards,

Artem

Answers (0)