cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object dependency for work center class

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have maintained work center class with 3 work centers linked to it. One of them is maintained as a default work center in routing and object dependency is written for the operation to update the work center field (plpod-arbpl) with one of the three work centers based on a characteristic value.

$self.resource = 'cpb1_z' if $parent.pr = 'cpb',

$self.resource = 'pdps1_z' if $parent.pr = 'pdps'

where, resource is the reference char used to update the field in operation.

In APO pds, I can see the workcenters as alt modes, but the dependency is not working after the planning run. It is picking up the default work center in routing operation.

Please let me know if more details required and if there is another way to select the alt modes based on char values.

Regards,

Yogesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.Check for the status of the object dependency is active.

2. Check also the Config in APO Map Object charac is applicable to this scenario.

Thanks,

nandha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nandha,

Thanks for your reply. I think mapping of char will be required. Can you please let me know which structure and field in apo side to be mapped so that it will get updated after planning run in the planned order.

Regards,

Yogesh

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yogesh

what i understand is you need to create a dependancies in ECC as we create routing there and CIF it to APO.

and in that way system automaticaly map it in APO to relevant structure.

replacement in ECC also work in same way.

at the time of plan order creation configuration hits the routuing , dependencies got trigered and while routing is getting copied to order exchanged happen depend upon conditions mentioned in dependencies.

check and come up with your findings.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

thanks for the reply. As you put it correctly, object dependencies are written in ECC and it gets triggered in APO but in this case we are trying to update a field in APO (resource) and the data type in ECC and APO is different for it (resource) in ECC and APO, so I think the object char mapping is mandatory in this case. Normal operation selection is happening with standard Obj deps.

Please let me know the structure and field on apo side for this if you are aware.

Thanks,

Yogesh