cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Custom Role

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We want to create custom roles in ABAP (su01) and assign them to some user ids.

The role should have below previleges:

1) Developer Access (already provided) role and the users are able to create Objects in ESR and ID.

2) Should have access to create Namespace in ESR.

3) Should have access to create Alerts in ALRTCATDEF.

I think SAP_XI_CONTENT_ORGANIZER_ABAP and SAP_XI_CONTENT_ORGANIZER_J2EE should help in the above requirement.

Can anyone please confirm?

Do not suggest to give ADMIN access

Thank you,

Pankaj.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

3) Should have access to create Alerts in ALRTCATDEF.

To create alert categories in ALRTCATDEF, you need authorizations of the role SAP_XI_ADMINISTRATOR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP_XI_ADMINISTRATOR is not required if you just want to configure alerts or create namespace. This role is not recommended to be given to all the project members, it may lead to a disaster!

I think SAP_BC_ALM_ADMIN (if not SAP_BC_ALM_CUST) should be sufficient for creating alerts.

Thank you,

Pankaj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj

follow this link http://www.erpgenie.com/sap/netweaver/xi/xiauthorizations.htm

thanks

sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did see the link, but still I am not aware which role should be used to access ALRTCATDEF tcode.

If I assign SAP_XI_CONTENT_ORGANIZER_J2EE, then the user will be able to create Namespace, but what about creating alerts?

The link just mentions about RWB -> Alert Configuration and Alert Inbox, but nothing about ALRTCATDEF tcode.

Thank you,

Pankaj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi pankaj

In order to access Tcode ALRTCATDEF on abap stack assign role SAP_XI_Configurator in parallel to role SAP_XI_CONTENT_ORGANIZER_J2EE

thanks

sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let me check with this. Will update the thread with the results.

Thank you,

Pankaj.

Answers (0)