cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partial Settlement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a query, I was wondering if I had $1000 in WBS-A and I want to retain $800 and do a settlement of $200 to WBS-B, is it possible? I

If yes, how do i do it?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

raghavendra_praveen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Looks like incomplete information is provided..could you tell us what is the hierarchy and what are the WBS A and B? Is WBS B is superior to WBS A? if it is only transferring of costs then you have to use KB* transactions with cost element (as postings on WBS will be cost element wise) or else use CJ88 with settlement rule containing other WBS element. Try at the option of CJIC where you can distribute the costs..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks like incomplete information is provided..could you tell us what is the hierarchy and what are the WBS A and B? Is WBS B is superior to WBS A? if it is only transferring of costs then you have to use KB* transactions with cost element (as postings on WBS will be cost element wise) or else use CJ88 with settlement rule containing other WBS element. Try at the option of CJIC where you can distribute the costs..

ok WBS A is more superior than WBS B so i would like to retain the 800 in WBS A and transfer only 200 to WBS A. I cannot use KB as i need to transfer the cost to a group of cost elements.

I checked CJIC, isnt that a report?

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just settle 200 to WBS-B

In WBS-A set up a settlement rule (check your profile) and then use CJ88

Former Member
0 Kudos

Virendra, I tried to do that before, however it says settlement cannot be done back to the sender.

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do not undersand that - I thought you were sending to a different WBS element

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You cant do settlement like this. If all you want is to transfer some % of cost to another WBSE. Then try transactions like manual cost allocation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when you say manual settlement, does that mean doing it via CJ88?

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I said manual cost allocation not manual settlement. It is not by CJ88.you can do it by KB15N

Former Member
0 Kudos

I get what you mean. However, i have checked the t-code and it only allows one cost element, is it possible for multiple cost elements? or another t-code that does that?

raghavendra_praveen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If you want to settle group of cost elements' cost on a WBS element then user source structure under settlement setings in SPRO.

If you want to settle by amount, then your settlement profile should have amount settlement box checked and enter the amount to be settled in settlement rule for WBS element at time of settling.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i understand all this, however i want to do partial cost allocation, which i was told KB15N can be done. which works, however I need for KB15N, i can only do 1 cost element at a time.

another problem with KB15N is that the amount field is always mandatory, i want to use percentage it seems not possible, is this the right behaviour?

raghavendra_praveen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

KB11N/15N transactions require cost element input and you can only input amount there but not the percentage. Those are used for manual reposting of costs so % provision is not possible.