Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST22 (DEBUGGER option grayed out)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Not sure if this is a security question. When I go to St22, search for dumps, click on a specific dump, and then do goto - the debugger option , it is grayed out. Normally object S_DEVELOP controls the debug rights and I have S_DEVLEOP with * . I even tried with SAP_ALL, still that menu item is grayed out. So it should not be a security issue. Is that meant to be grayed out. Why is that present in the menu over there in the ST22 transaction. Not sure what is it that makes it from a grayed out functionality to an active menu item. Obviously it there in the st22 menu for a reason. Beats me. Any help is appreciated. Could not find any useful info via the internet or service market place. Thanks in advance

regards, Vikram

1 REPLY 1

martin_voros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

it's not related to security. This feature is available only right after you get a dump. When you display dump in ST22 then it's not possible to jump into debugger.

Cheers