cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Architeture influence MDM Data Modeling??

rajesh_chavan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understand If I have MDM SP05 then I can utilize some good functionalities of EP, Java Webdynpro or SAP NW CE, Webservices and BPM. and If same applications I integrate with MDM SP03 then I will loose this functionalities. Will this have any impact / influence on my Data Model designing decisions. What will be the change?

Cheers,

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh

Maybe some changes in your datamodel will be need but that changes probability is very small.

Better way is upgrade MDM SP3 to MDM SP5

Regards

Kanstantsin Chernichenka

rajesh_chavan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply Kanstantsin,

Well upgrade is postponed due to some reason for a 2 month and I want to start my project hence need to build a model on SP03.

Can you give me example what kind of changes are expected?

Cheers,

Rc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Data Model does not require any change while upgrading from SP03 to SP05. The only change required is in those Validations and Assignments which are using Lookup Values in expression.

You need to mention the lookup values once again after upgrade. The moment you will finish the upgrade and verify your repository you will find sone Non-Fatal errors and warnings. you need to load the repository and correct the validations and assignements.

BR,

Alok Sharma

rajesh_chavan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Alok,

Appreciate your reply but you didn't got my Question.

Say I am doing POC on SP03 today and after 2 month we will have a SP05 (Separate Server) for me to implemet the actual solution. Condition here is we want to utilise data model build today on SP03 in future when we install SP05.

Now I understand as it is data model with work but if I want to enjoy the benifits of UI integrated applications or say due to better integration capabilities in SP05, will my data model decisions can change??

Cheers,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

I don't think you have to think from that perspective. When you say Data Modelling - it is related to repository structure i.e. fields and tables.

Scenario 1 - You don't have any information about upcoming version

In this case since you have no idea what new version would consists of hence there is no point in thinking about data modelling. You can go ahead with the most optimized model based on your current requirements

Scenario 2 - You have some idea about the new features of the new version

Still I don't think you need to consider data modelling because new features might be in the form of new java classes or new iViews or may be introduction of new data type, etc. In all cases you cannot change your current data model.

It's always better to have POC and Live on same version so that things can be reused.

I have just shared my views and didn't provide any solution

Regards,

Jitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Whether you upgrade 2 months later or 2 years later on SP05 from SP03 there will not be any data model change. You will leverage every functionality of SP05 on data model of SP03 without any change. FYA i just did it in my last assignment.

BR,

Alok Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

One more thing i forgot to mention is that "there is no as such functionality introduced in MDM 7.1 SP05 from Patch 01 to Patch 21 which will force you to think on Data Model change."

Even release notes for SP06 are also available, respite of a big configuration change, i didnt find anything strange from Data Model perspective.

BR,

Alok Sharma

rajesh_chavan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Guys

Answers (0)