Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Cash Desk ES Bundle

yajjala1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are planning to implement External Cash Desk ES Bundle at our place...

Where can I find any cook books or any step by step guide...

My problem here is what type of communication channels should I use to connect ERP from PI for this bundle..

THanks

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

My problem here is what type of communication channels should I use to connect ERP from PI for this 
bundle

You need to use proxy connection for ERP to PI ( use XI adapter,for an inbound scenario ) as the ES bundle when imported in ESR will create proxies automatically in the backend system. The recieve side you can use the same strucuture (copied) or as required . You can use soap receiver adapter as most of the services are synchrounous and have confirmation messages.

or if you want to design without PI then you can create end point in soamanager for the Enterprise services(/people/mohan.kumark/blog/2008/10/14/soamanager-how-to-test-service-definition-using-soamanager-transaction)

few more helpful link ..

[original link is broken]

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/80/be7042f1e6d242e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

[original link is broken]

point 6 in /people/thomas.jung/blog/2007/12/17/consuming-services-with-abap, in fact its a very good blog to understand the concept.

Regards,

Srinivas

yajjala1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Srinivas...

Thank you for your guidance...

Let us take scenario 1:

I have service called CashPointOpenItemSummaryByElementsQueryResponse_In, this is a sync inbound service..

I would like to integrate to POS system (Active)... with Web service protocol (communication channel)

other end from PI to ERP with ABAP proxy?

so POS to PI is webservice and PI to ERP is proxy potocol...

Could you please expalin step by step process for this scenario.

Scenario 2:

This is asynchronous inbound service CashPointDepositERPNotification_In

Please explain me step by step process how to implement...

POS to PI is webservice and from PI to ERP is proxy coonection..

THank you

John