cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSG_TYPE = "R"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i'm developing a custom mobile client which it's pretty much complete and functional by now. I've implemented every documented message type an got my sincronization working.

however, i've got to send some undocumented Type = 'X' messages to tell MI to fill my queues and then i get some Type = 'R' messages, at least one for every BO and sometimes more than one

i'm not sure how to respond to those messages, i'm ignoring them by now but 'me sure those messages are there for a reason.

msg body is something like

<Msg type='R' id=1 />

ID is always 1 and there is no more content.

Does anybody know what to do with those?

Thanks in advance

Ricardo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

VikasLamba
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

Message Type X and R are used for backward compatibilty applications to support the 2-way data objects

X -> Sent from client to server and it is a download request for an object

R -> its a end marker indicating that the download for this object is over.

Regards,

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vikas,

thanks for your prompt answer which leads me to another question. You say X and R messages are used for backward compatibility. Is there a new way to provoke BOs to send data? as of now if I don't send an X message the outgoing queue is never populated again.

Regards

Ricardo

VikasLamba
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Well,

If you are running an old MI application which has been migrated to NW Mobile 7.1 then for all 2-way sync BO's this behavior will be exhibited.

But for applications built on top of NW 7.1 these 2 message types are not valid. Thus to push your data from BE, you can have many options:

1. Design your BE adapters to have push enablement. (Ideal for transaction data)

2. Schedule a delta load report to download the BO's in a scheduled manner if the BE adapter is DOE triggered.(ideal for Master data)

3. Configure your data objetcs to be SYNC EXTRACT ENABLED if you want the messages to be always sent directly to the device queues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vikas,

Thanks for your answer, very clarifying.

Regards

Ricardo

Answers (0)