cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUP Provisoning with EP/UME

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus!

I am trying to provison requests for EP/UME using CUP. But when the request gets approved at the last stage, I get an error message like.

Error provisioning your request. Request no: XX. Error occurred in the system(s) : n/a, error details :

XXX(Group Name)-ABCDE(USER-ID)-USER CREATE-noSuchIdentifier.

I have already set up the provisoning for the EP system as per the config guide. I am not sure which identifier is trying to refer to? Anything other than setting up the mapping need to be dine for provisoning a UME/Portal?

Regards,

Chinmaya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello chinmaya,

Did you check your data source for users? Is it set for UME not for ABAP? As I remember I get similar error when tried to create users via /useradmin, but it was imposible because my user data source was at ABAP-side.

Regards,

Artem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please verify if the user datasource is correct. also refer to note 1482968.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello chinmaya

What is current release (SP) of your CUP ?

If it is on SP 12 then along with the note provided above we need to try with some more settings also .

Best Regards

Asheesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudheer,

Thanks the note was very helpful, It actually describes the symptoms correctly. The role gets assigned, but I still get an error.

@Ashish,

I am on SP11.

@ Artem,

We are not using the ABAP system as the user data source, so I guess we are good on that front, but I think it has to do more with the USER_DATA_SOURCE parameter in the EP connector. I will try to find out more about it.

Thanks for all your replies.. They were all really helpful!

Thanks!

Chinmaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are facing the same problem.

Is there any updates on thie problems?

Thanks a lot!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tang,

What is the suport pack you are using in CUP?

Regards,

Chinmaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have the same problem. We run CUP 5.3 SP15.

Edited by: Gabriele Ernst on Aug 17, 2011 3:49 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings,

I am having similar issue, when trying to process a CUP request to assign roles/groups in Enterprise portal, The roles/groups get assigned and I get a error in the request stating "USER CREATE-noSuchIdentifier" and the request is kept open.

The scenario we have is the users in Portal are brought over from the LDAP, When I change the data source to the custom LDAP where the users reside and process the request the role/group gets assigned and I get an error stating "J_User" attribute not modifiable as I do not have write access to LDAP and I see an error "USER CREATE-noSuchIdentifier":

I am only provided with read access from LDAP for data query and do not have access to update users in LDAP.

When I change the user data source to "USER.PRIVATE_DATASOURCE.un:" pointing to UME portal, The role gets assigned and gives me an error message stating the user does not exist in the portal UME.

I checked and made all the changes are addressed in OSS note # 1482968, I am not sure what more changes are to be performed. Any help in this Regard is appreciated.

Best regards,

Angara Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello all

any one has got a solution on this ?