cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSS Employee Search

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm implementing a custom service for managers and I need to execute a employee search. I'm using FPM and I wanna know if there are a standard way to implement it. If so, which is and how can I do it?

Regards,

Gregory.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member201257
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gregory,

Instead of custom building in your own application, you can use the MSS Team Viewer iview for the search purposes.

You can configure the Team viewer iview to only show the Search option and include this on the top side of a page.

Then you create an iview from your custom application and integrate it into the same page at the bottom.

You can subscribe to the events from the team viewer and use the data from the team viewer in your custom application.

Here is a useful link:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/profile/How-toaddacustomWebDynproiViewtotheMSSEmployeeProfile(ECC+6.0)

Hope that helps !!

Thanks,

Shanti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shanti, thx a lot for ur answer.

I did some tests and see that this employee search only shows directly subordinates employees. I need to show all employees, this is my first issue.

I add the Teamviewer FPM View to my perspective and it is shown everytime I execute the application, I need to show it depending on a user selection. Is there a way to do this?

Regards,

Gregory.

former_member201257
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gregory,

Please have a look at the standard iview for Team Viewer.

Portal Content - Content provided by SAP - line_manager - Manager Self-Service - iViews - HCM - Employee Search (Generic iview)

pcd:portal_content/com.sap.pct/line_manager/com.sap.pct.erp.mss.bp_folder/com.sap.pct.erp.mss.iviews/com.sap.pct.erp.mss.hcm/com.sap.pct.erp.mss.genericiview_teamviewer

Under Employee Selection - you can see different options - Direct Reports, Employees for Org Structure, Employees for Org Units, and Employee Search.

This iview is configurable using the Backend configuration and changing a couple of iview properties.

You can also customize the search criteria according to your needs.

Here is the link with some info:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/b8/0808e1c6b44d90b906a4cf97ccc925/frameset.htm

You can integrate a copy of this iview (customized) into a page and then add your custom iview at the bottom and subscribe to the team viewer events as explained in the wiki link I mentioned earlier.

If you try to integrate the application directly using FPM integration - it will be hard to customize it to your needs.

Thanks,

Shanti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for ur answer Shanti.

I did try your suggestions, but it does not fulfill the requirements.

Now I'm trying with the WhoIsWho DC. Do you have any idea on how can I use it?

Regards,

Gregory.

former_member201257
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What exactly is your requirement ?

Can you please explain ?

Like you might already know, Who is who is a simple search application to search for employee's data. Employees can also update their own data with this.

This can also be customized similar to team viewer and the corresponding customization can be found in :

SPRO - Personnel Management - Employee Self Service - Service Specific Settings - Address Book - Who's who.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/da/87f34081df702ae10000000a155106/frameset.htm

The advantage of using team viewer is that you can have different variations of the team viewer based on your needs and also it could be customized to have search functionality as well.

If you can tell what you would like to achieve exactly, you will get better recommendations.

Thanks,

Shanti

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Shanti.

What I want is to have an employee search that I can show/hide depending on actions selected by the User.

What I'm doing now is using the standard ess/wiw DC and use the FcWiwBusinessLogicComp WD for executing the search methods. With this I did have to design the search views.

Is there other "more" standard way to do this.

Regards,

Gregory.

former_member201257
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gregory,

If you would like to integrate the employee search functionality inside your own application, and also control it based on actions in your custom application, you are heading in the right direction because you would need certain amount of customization.

The ESS components can only be used in your custom applications with certain restrictions.

If the integration of the standard components becomes cumbersome, you can develop a custom application and just use the existing function modules from your backend.

Standard way here doesn't seem to serve all your requirements. So, I guess the idea is to use the best possible custom way for achieving this.

Thanks,

Shanti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx Shanti.

Your answers were very helpfull.

Regards,

Gregory.

PradeepBondla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shanti,

In your solution, how to make eventing between employee search and my custom wd abap iview?

As employee search (MSS Team Viewer) is not throwing any output how can I give input (emp id / pernrr) to my wd abap iview/application.

My requirement is:

I need to have Search (MSS Team Viewer) in top iview and custome WD ABAP iview (wd abap application which needs selected employee id/pernrr) in the bottom of the page.

Now how to get the selected employee from top iview (MSS Team Viewer) and send it to bottom iView(WD ABAP) where MSS Team Viewer is not throwing any output.

thanks,

Pradeep