cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeking Netweaver 7.0 SR2 installation master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know of a legitimate avenue to obtain older versions of NetWeaver 7.0 installation files? I am looking for Netweaver 7.0 SR2 installation master but could also use Netweaver 7.0 SR1 installation master.

These seem to be the only versions that will install on a 32 bit Windows machine.

TIA

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My problem is solved - I am posting the solution here for future reference.

You CAN obtain earlier installation masters of NetWeaver 7.0 software. The trick is in how and where you search for the files.

You will get no results from using the search function in the header frame of either SDN or the Support Portal page. What you have to do is navigate to the Software Downloads tab of the Support Portal, and use the 'search for all categories' function located in the left navigation area. Search using the following text string:

'Windows Server on IA32 32 bit'

and you will be able to find the install masters, kernels, and Java based SW components necessary to install NetWeaver 7.0 SR1 and SR2 on a Windows 32 bit machine. My installation is complete and I am now using SDM to patch my way back up to NW7.01 EHP1 SPS3.

Please note you cannot download service packs this way - you still have to use Solution Manager for that.

dao_ha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jennifer,

What exactly are you looking for: full NW, just the WAS, NWDS/NWDW? Do you have access to the SAP Service Market Place? You can always download the files from the SMP but you'd need Solution Manager (Maintenance Optimizer) to approve your download basket as needed.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Dao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nope there isn't. You can try raising a message with SAP & get them ordered to your postal address.

- Regards, Dibya