cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User is getting locked due to incorrect password every few minutes SAPJSF

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have gone through solution manager configuration both as myself and as user solman_admin. Recently the Solution manager system was changed to enforce a more complex password scheme. After changing my password, my account is now getting locked every few minutes due to incorrect logon attempts. The System log states that user SAPJSF from Terminal <solution Manager host name> is attempting to login with my userID and is locking it. so far I have made every change I know to make to all the accounts on the JAVA side and to any and all background jobs that are running to remove my userID from these entries. My account still gets locked and I have no idea where to find what task or process is locking the account.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

rahul_yedapally
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sewll,

Please delete the user from SAP and recreate the user with solman_setup

issue because you have entered wrong password.

Thanks,

Rahul Yedapally 

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having the same issue. Did you find a solution? If so, please let me know.

Thanks!

OA

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Byram,

You if you cannot find the source, you may want to consider the following:

- copy the userID user to userID_2

- configure userID_2 on all the locations where the userID was used

- delete the userID user

- restart the system

If the restart fails after this, one can find the component using the

userID with wrong password.

If the restart works it is most probably a 3rd party monitoring software

using the userID user with incorrect credentials.

Hope this is helpful.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hell Paul, Thanks for your reply. it is actually my personal account that is getting locked. I've already created a second one to use while figuring out the problem. There are no other monitoring tools in the landscape, Just solution manager and it was not setup for monitoring until after this issue happened. I believe it was something that took place during the initial basic configuration of solution manager, using T-code SOLMAN_SETUP. I have since been back through solman_setup but could find no place where using my account would have triggered something to store the credentials and use them every few minutes.

Diggeshhjoshi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please enable security audit in SM19 for your user id with all options. unlock your account and see what is causing it to lock your account from the audit log.

2nd option is to follow as per Paul's recommendation to copy your user id to temporary id. delete your id that gets locked. restart and see if you find any thing in SM21.

Regards,

Digesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Did you check JAVA JCO connections that are used in your solution manager?

while working with SOLMAN_SETUP, few jco rfc connections been created to communicate in the background with ABAP engine.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good thought. I only see two available RFC listeners on the JCo RFC Provider section inside Visual Administrator. Neither are using the locked account. I'll poke around inside VA a bit more today. I suspect it is something in here.

As for the Audit tracing mentioned earlier. It doesn't show me any more detail than the system log itself shows. I know that SAPJSF is initiating the connection from the solution manager server and trying to logon with my account.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI bryam

Can you try activated audit in tcode sm19?

Then you can see why is locked your user.

Regards

William Neira

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have checked the audit log and it is not very helpful. Here are the results

Date Date/Time User Terminal name Transaction Code Program Message Text

11/12/2010 9:29:39 AM SAPJSF wsapvsmsdb.png.loc SAPMSSY1 Password check failed for user BSEWELL in client 001

11/12/2010 9:29:39 AM SAPJSF wsapvsmsdb.png.loc SAPMSSY1 Logon Failed (Reason = 1, Type = U)

11/12/2010 9:29:39 AM SAPJSF wsapvsmsdb.png.loc SAPMSSY1 Password check failed for user BSEWELL in client 001

11/12/2010 9:29:39 AM SAPJSF wsapvsmsdb.png.loc SAPMSSY1 Logon Failed (Reason = 1, Type = U)

11/12/2010 9:29:44 AM SAPJSF wsapvsmsdb.png.loc SAPMSSY1 Password check failed for user BSEWELL in client 001

11/12/2010 9:29:44 AM SAPJSF wsapvsmsdb.png.loc SAPMSSY1 Logon Failed (Reason = 1, Type = U)

11/12/2010 9:29:44 AM SAPJSF wsapvsmsdb.png.loc SAPMSSY1 Password check failed for user BSEWELL in client 001

11/12/2010 9:29:44 AM SAPJSF wsapvsmsdb.png.loc SAPMSSY1 Logon Failed (Reason = 1, Type = U)

11/12/2010 9:31:30 AM SAPJSF wsapvsmsdb.png.loc SAPMSSY1 Password check failed for user BSEWELL in client 001

11/12/2010 9:31:30 AM SAPJSF wsapvsmsdb.png.loc SAPMSSY1 User BSEWELL Locked in Client 001 After Erroneous Password Checks

11/12/2010 9:31:30 AM SAPJSF wsapvsmsdb.png.loc SAPMSSY1 Logon Failed (Reason = 1, Type = U)

11/12/2010 9:31:30 AM SAPJSF wsapvsmsdb.png.loc SAPMSSY1 Logon Failed (Reason = 53, Type = U)

11/12/2010 9:32:36 AM SAPJSF wsapvsmsdb.png.loc SAPMSSY1 Logon Failed (Reason = 53, Type = U)

11/12/2010 9:32:36 AM SAPJSF wsapvsmsdb.png.loc SAPMSSY1 Logon Failed (Reason = 53, Type = U)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What type of user is BSEWELL?

Check RFC connections in client 001, check reports in tcode sm37 in client 001.

Regards

William Neira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dialog user. I have checked all jobs in SM37 client 001 and all RFC's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Change the password and logon, then check the activity of the user.

I am finding help for you.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately I can't change the password back to what it was due to new profile parameters requiring certain password complexity values such as 1 digit, 1 special character, etc. My idea was to change my user type to System or service in this client only and set the password to the original. That would be a work around but I can't change the password strategy due to Customer requirements.

I did set a system trace to see if it would pick up anything.

System Trace revealed no activity for SAPJSF or BSEWELL at or around the time when the account was locked again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi bryam

1. Unlock user

2. logon to sap with other user, and wait that the user is locked

3. In to tcode STAD

4. Check what happen in this moment for the user locked.

I don't know if this can help you, but the issue is abnormal.

I try findind more information

Regars

William Neira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sewell,

Now we are facing same issue, please let me know how you solved. *Urgent*

Regards,

PRK

Diggeshhjoshi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Byram,

Please check RFCs in SM59. If your user id is saved in any RFCs with password, that could cause locking of user when it tries to connect.

Regards,

Digesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

That was one of the first things I checked.