cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BreadCrumbMultipleStep usage?

0 Kudos

Hi,

How should be used BreadCrumbMultipleStep, if we have to find out which step is clicked?

For single steps, we can do a parameter mapping, like :

IWDBreadCrumb bc = (IWDBreadCrumb) view.getElement("BreadCrumb1");
bc.mappingOfOnSelect().addSourceMapping("step", "stepSelected");

which brings the id of the step, as a parameter of OnSelect(). But in case of multiple steps it doesn't help at all...Any suggestions?

Regards, Konstantin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For such node-bound view elements, there exists an implicit event parameter named "nodeElement" of type IWDNodeElement.

Map this parameter to an action parameter of type IWDNodeElement (or you can use the concrete type of the node element I<name-of-node>Element).

bc.mappingOfOnSelect().addSourceMapping
(
  "nodeElement" /* name of implicit parameter */
  "selectedElement" /* name of your action parameter */
);

In the action handler, you can determine the selected step from the value of the node element.

Armin

0 Kudos

It works! Thanks a lot!

I was almost on my way to start dynamic adding of steps ... Thank you!

May be it would not be a bad idea to mention it in documentation of BreadCrumbMultipleStep?

Regards, Konstantin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Of course this should be in the Javadoc. Please open OSS messages if you find the documentation for UI elements insufficient (which is definitely the case for some).

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, "nodeElement" is available with (almost) every UI element action, so it should be documented in general UI controls overview.

VS

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Konstantin, hi all,

you can find documentation on the parameter nodeElement here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/60/1f1f056f057d4d962375efd3c92ed0/frameset.htm

Kind Regards

Stefanie