cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMARTFORM ERROR - Part of Text is cutting down after SPACE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have made a simple smartform just for test purpose.

I included a simple template in the main window which has 5 mm height and 3 cm width.

In the template there is one text element, and 1 included a constant text:

LABEL: YYYYYYYY

If i see the print preview, it displaying correctly.

BUT!

If I change the constant text to longer, to test what happens if the field is longer than the available size to display:

LABEL: YYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

In the print preview this will be shown:

LABEL:

So it means that those Y's are just cutting down.

If I replace the longer version of the text to:

LABEL:_YYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

In the print preview I can see as many characters as it can display, so some Y's are not printing:

LABEL:_YYYYYYYY

Can somebody tell me if I use spaces, how to avoid to cut the remaining text and display as many characters as it can like with underscore character?

This is a very strange and buggy behaviour.

BR,

Gabor from Hungary

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Ok,

But is doesn't resolve my problem. I have to print a small label using Zebra S600 and S4M printers, and these texts are custom serial numbers, lot numbers, reservation numbers, etc.

I have a template on the label (it's size is only 89x99mm) and for every text I put in one line and one cell in the template.

For the prescript text for the information I use constant text in the text element, and for the remaining, I use char or string variables where I store the information.

In this case, I can not measure, when it will output, or will be hidden by the smartform processor.

It is even worse, that the characters are not equal width, so I have to use the widest character, measure how many can be printed maximum, and then use that value in the variable to resctict the output length with variable(length) smartform command...

Anyway thanks for your suggestion..

Gabor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I suppose I depends on the logic used in order to print a text in an area smoller than text

It seems it always tries to write fully the words, that means if the text has many words, the smartform writes the first words (on the left) fully and truncates the remaining words, if the text has one word only, smartform write the part of it can be contained.

So if you insert

A) LABEL: YYYYYYYY

There are 2 words:

LABEL:

YYYYYYYY

Both words can be contained so smartform writes both of them

B) LABEL: YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

There are 2 words:

LABEL:

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

The second word should be trucated, so the smartform writes the first only

C) LABEL:YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

There is only one word, so smartform writes only the character can be contained in the window

Max

Edited by: max bianchi on Nov 10, 2010 6:21 PM

Edited by: max bianchi on Nov 10, 2010 6:26 PM