cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto UD with a Long Term MIC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gang,

I have a situation where we WANT to release an 04 Inspection Lot from QI Hold to Unrestricted using the Job Planning (Auto UD) functionality.

As I understand...this will work when ALL MICs are at status 5 (Completed). I have an issue because we have a Long Term MIC on the Lot and when I run the Auto UD it does not release the inspeciton lot. We send a sample away for testing and It takes a week to get the results. We do not want this to hold up movement in the system so we have to release the stock from QI.

I want to set up Auto UD to that we can release in MASS. How can I release Inspection Lots using Auto UD with Long Term Inspection Characteristics??

Please help. It is time sensitive.

Thanks a ton.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bruce,

how you do it the UD with the long term finally? My problem is in the opposite, the UD is taken even when there are long term characteristics and we don't want to take the UD for this inspection lots.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nope doesn't work.

The only MIC on the lot is a Long Term MIC and it has not been touched.

I am not sure why the Job isn't ignoring it??

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Collective usage decision (QA16) works very well even though an inspection lot has only 1 required, long-term and open characteristic.

Also automatic usage decision (QA10) works very well too with same situation.

I would suggest to check the plant level configuration.

Menu path: Customizing > Quality Management > Basic Settings > Maintain Settings at Plant Level

And check delay time and waiting time on inspection lot completion.

Regards

Luke

Edited by: Do-Wook Kim on Nov 11, 2010 6:51 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

The only issue I have is that I have ONE MIC on this Plan and it's for a Long Term Characteristic. So when the Job runs it looks at the 04 Lot that's generated and sees ONE Required Characteristic that is a Long Term MIC.

Will this still work?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess it should work. I never tested it, just give a try. I do not have access to SAP to check it.

Thanks,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do not select the check box for Include long-term characs. if this indicator is not turned on system will not consider long term char. for auto UD. The selection Auto UD for completed lots only considers short term insp.char only, so you should not have any issues.

Thanks,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

In QA16 or QA10 there is tick for "long term Inspection " Will this not help you?