Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send Error Trace in Alert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using the following blog to raise an exception in mapping

/people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2006/01/26/throwing-smart-exceptions-in-xi-graphical-mapping

I am able to get the exceptions as expected, which is good.

When i executed the interface, if it failed then throwing an exception but it is giving in TRACE part of the MONI.

When an alert triggered, it says mapping error. I would like to have the Exception message in the alert.l

Is there any way to get that Exception message to Alert

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RaghuVamseedhar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi Krishna,

It is not possible to caputure "Trace" . You can use SXMS_ERROR_CAT and SXMS_ERROR_CODE for error details using ALRTCATDEF alerts.

Regards,

Raghu_Vamsee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raghu,

I have used SXMS_ERROR_CAT and SXMS_ERROR_CODE container variables to disply error category & Error code.

But these two variables are not sufficient to produce the error in more specific way.

The actual thing is i used exceptions in mapping, if i get any exception while testing thru Test TAB of message mapping it was perfect explanation .

When it come to runtime, the exception message comes and displays under TRACE.I couldn't able to display the proper exception message at the time of alerts.

Please let me know any other way to send alert emails by these exceptions raised

Regards

Edited by: Vamsi Krishna on Feb 10, 2011 11:26 PM

sunil_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Try to call RFC SALERT_CREATE_API for raising alert in mapping and pass the generated error text.

Thanks,

Sunil Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sunil,

We have already this Alerts configured in landscape and smooth.

Now to bring this new development might not work with management.

Is there any way to read the Trace info with any container Variable??

Regards

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

RaghuVamseedhar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi Krishna,

You can access only limited Constant Field Values using Java API (UDF or Java Mapping). [Link1|http://help.sap.com/javadocs/pi/SP3/xpi/constant-values.html#com.sap.aii.mapping.api.StreamTransformationConstants.DYNAMIC_CONFIGURATION]

May be you can use this method [Link2|http://help.sap.com/javadocs/pi/SP3/xpi/com/sap/engine/interfaces/messaging/api/exception/MessagingException.html#setErrorCategory(java.lang.String)] . Please explore more about this API, you can use "setErrorCategory" method and in CCMS alerts you can sent that ErrorCategory. But I am think SAP will not recommend it.

Regards,

Raghu_Vamsee

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

See the link below which outlines the Container Variables you can use to get more information about the alert.

Creating Alert Categories

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/d0/d4b54020c6792ae10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Regards

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark,

I didn't see any container variable to grab TRACE information from MONI.

Is this possible to capture the TRACE information to one of the alert container variables??

Please let me know

Regards