Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI Integration with TIBCO Business Connect

jose_augastine3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Experts

For B2B Interfaces we are using TIBCO Business Connect.

If anyone has worked on integrating SAP PI with TIBCO Business Connect, can you please share your experience ? Which is the preferred way of integration ?

Any thoughts on using SAP WebAS queuing mechanism for this ?

Thanks in advance

J Augastine

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even though i have not worked ...but I can say one of the possible method of integration is using webservices...

lets see if there any other preferred integration methods avialable..

HTH

Rajesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

possible options are;

1. Webservices

2. JMS connections

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Augastine,

>>SAP PI with TIBCO Business Connect

Option 1 - Can try Webservice

Option 2 - Try to read post in the JMS Queue & read it in SAP PI

Option 3 - If huge message & no transformation then just FTP with the help of SAP PI

Cheers

Agasthuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

The preferred method we come up with is JMS Queues. Because of messages retained using JMS queues will be more useful than using HTTP

jose_augastine3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Experts

We have SAP PI Integration with TIBCO Business Connect.

So we are planning to use SAP application server as JMS provider.

/people/jochen.damzog/blog/2009/12/07/pi-and-sap-application-server-as-jms-provider

We will be having around 2,00,000 messages per day. (Average size 50 kb)

My concern is whether SAP application server can handle this volume of messages ?

I am concerned about accessing the queues of a SAP WAS as a JMS provider for high volume data.

Will there be any performance issues ? Any other issues ?

Please share your thoughts.

Thanks in advance

J Augastine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

interesting blog about using JMS in the app server, but this does not seem to offer packaging. With these kind of volumes, ie. lots of small messages, in NW 7.1 and PI 7.1 systems, you can use message packaging. Like this, you will decrease overhead by processing message together in one package. I would suggest a package of 50 messages (2,5 MB). You need to set this up at both your app system and PI system. I would use an XI sender channel and a JMS receiver channel.

If you have fixed routing and java mepping or no mapping (1 sender-1 receiver), you can use an Integrated Configuration in the Directory, so you bypass the ABAP stack (for increased performance, you can even install a separate AAE on a dedicated server).

Hope this helps!

kr,

Peter