cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to avoid special stock indicator for intercompany sales transitions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends

I have an issue Intercompany sales .if I enter intercompany plant(Delivering plant) in the sales order system is taking special stock indicator and looking for sales order stock.

If I enter company code plant for sales from unrestricted stock, system is not taking special stock indicator.

Please advice how to avoid special stock indicator for intercompany sales transitions.

Thanks in advance.

SRK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Once you enter teh delivery plant, then go to "Procurement" tab & observe the "requirement type" determined.

Goto IMG-SD-Basic functions- TOR & Availability check - TOR- Define requirement type

click on details & check "Special stock " indicator is maintained or not? if yes, it should be Blank. ( as expressed there are certa

in rules to determine requirement type in Sales order starts from Strategy Group in MMR & Customization settings)

if not,

check in VOV6 - for the determine schedule line category.

Hope it adds info,

Regards,

Reazuddin MD

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

Special stock is generally determined by the MRP strategy group in the material master of the plant against which you place your order. The strateg(ies) contained in the strategy group will determine the SO requirements type, which will in turn determine whether or not the order is 'account assigned' (special stock).

It is normal to only have one strategy contained in a strategy group. However (and I seldom recommend this) SAP will support multiple strategies within one strategy group. In this case, you could have both MTS and MTO orders against the same plant/material, by manually altering the requirements type in the sales order. This scenario is usually difficult for a planner, and involves additional manual attention to make everything work.

I suggest that your first avenue is to change the Strategy group in the material master of the delivering plant to one that supports MTS. This has a big impact in Controlling and in Production Planning, so ensure that all affected functional groups are aware of what you are doing, and of the resulting changes that they will experience. The transition from MTO to MTS must be carefully controlled.

If you are not a PP expert, I suggest you consult with your local PP expert before embarking on this change.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for reply and answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

I took PP Consultant adivce