cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling method in pop up window

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

On click of a button i am opening a pop up window. Now on the window i have to display some data based on the values entered on main screen.

On the main screen i am taking value from the end user now on click of a button i have the fetch the values from function module.

these values sholud be displayed on the pop up.

I can fetch values on action of the button and then map the node to pop up view through component controller. but i do not want to use component controller for this.

how can i achieve this.

Regards,

Pankaj Aggarwal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>but i do not want to use component controller for this.

Why not?! This is the correct usage of the component controller and exactly what it should be used for.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am already having 20 nodes in component controller. whether creating more nodes affect the performance?.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> I am already having 20 nodes in component controller. whether creating more nodes affect the performance?.

On one hand, if you need it; then you need it. This is the correct approach for this particluar propblem. If your Context is already too big, then that is a different problem. Just becuase you haven't designed your component/context correctly doesn't mean you should make the problem worse by not using the context when it is really needed.

First, do you know that adding one more node will really be a problem? It all depends upon how much data is in each node. I could create a component that only had one node but millions of elements and of course it would run worse than a component with 100 nodes but only one element each.

Second I think you should consider the overall design of your component. Has it grown too large in general? Should it be broken into multiple components? Or perhaps you should be using FPM?

The component controller should absolutely be used for cross view data sharing and communication. That is what it is there for. If your component controller context is getting too large, then that is a sign that your component is in fact too large.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for the info.

Actually i am having 9 views in my component and using them in steps for raodmap. and also have to share a lot of data from one view to another view. so having that much of nodes in component controller.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

The fact that you said you are using a roadmap and each view is a separate step on the roadmap makes me think you might be better off using the GAF (Guided Activity Floorplan) of the Floorplan Manager. Something you should consider for the future if you are on 7.01 or higher. Event with FPM, at some point you might have to consider breaking multiple steps up into different components. It still won't change the fact that you have a lot of shared data between the steps. As stated I don't think that should stop you from using the Component Controller for the popup. That seems right. You might have to take a serious look at your overall architecture however if you plan for this component to grow much more.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

->first find out what all are common values ,make them as global and resuse them properly.

->If you are using same structured nodes for different uses then use flag concept .

->Since you are using Road map ,why you want to design all the vies used roadmap steps in one component , design them individually and reuse them with component usage procedure.

->if you are aware ans having eligible server for FPM use the same as Thomos suggested.

untill unless your component is good in performance it will not be useful in business scenarios. so please take care of the same.

Good luck!!!

Regards,

Kranthi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

why cant you use component attributes if you dont want to use component context. i usually divide my data on two basis, data which i need to show is in context, data which i need for my application logic. i use component attribute instead of context, this keeps my context size in control.

hope it helps.

Manish

Answers (0)