cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing Images on Zebra Printers thru SmartForms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have to print an image which is a part of label on zebra printer. The image is uploaded as an SO10 text into the system.

I am facing problems in printing this image on the label.

In the SO10 Text, I added the following command in the begining

~DGC,14196,42,HEX DATA

here 'C' is the name given to the image, 14196 is size, & 42 is line size.

now when I try to preview this text in SO10, I am getting the blank screen, but if i remove the command the image is displayed.

So, when i refer this image in my smartform its not getting printed.

^FO10,208^FR^XGC,1,1^FS

Is there anything which I am missing here. I am new to ZPL so feeling lost here.

regards,

Shaurabh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You mention that this is a smartform. Do you print via device type LZEB2 as per SAP notes #750002 and #750772? Can you upload the graphic via transaction SE78 and use this uploaded image as a graphic node in the smartform?

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aidan,

The printer configuration is no issue as every thing apart from image is getting printed correctly. For Zebra Printers, I guess we can not use graphics uploaded as SE78 thru graphic node.

my requirement is to display the image in the label which will be printed via zebra printer.

regards,

Shaurabh

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shaurabh,

It should be ok to upload the graphic via SE78 with Zebra printers. This is the recommended way. Old sapscript commands don't work in smartorms. As per notes #750002 and #750772, it should be fine to upload the graphic via SE78 and create a graphic node in your smartform with this graphic.

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaurabh,

Sorry, but I don't understand this part:

now when I try to preview this text in SO10, I am getting the blank screen, but if i remove the command the image is displayed

What was displayed? the hexa code?

What is the printer model?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

When command is prefixed in the SO10 text then nothing comes in preview from SO10 (it should display the contents as it is i.e ~DG command with parameters and hex data).

but when we remove the command, the image is displayed in preview.

regards,

Shaurabh