cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rdisp/gui_auto_logout

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've had enough complaints that I beginning to think there is something wrong. I have the value of this parameter set to 14400.....SOX mandate. Users complainting they are well within the time value, but SAP is ending their sessions. SAPNET search shows nothing. Anyone else having this type problem?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jerry,

As Rich has pointed out, it should work as defined. We have exactly same setting for exactly same reason, and it has been working fine since 4.6C.

The only thing I can guess is that it is not correctly configured on all instances. Use Tcode RZ11 to reset this parameter dynamically and globally?

Good luck,

Victor Lin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information, but I was aware of all of that. It just seems at times, the time out happens BEFORE the 4 hour period has lapsed. I was looking in SAPNET for possible correction, and posting here to see if any other users have had problems with this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

24 minutes? I thought this setting is number of seconds, 3600 seconds in an hour....4 hours? Is my setting value the issue here?

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

If this value is stored in miliseconds, then it would convert to .24 minutes. If it is stored in seconds, then it would be 240 minutes or 4 hours. Not sure which it is stored, probably seconds, but not sure. How long does it take for the user to be kicked?

REgards,

Rich Heilman

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

14400 = 24 minutes?. Is the value stored as milliseconds? Are they sure that they are within the 24 minutes?

Regards,

Rich Heilman