cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload file into DP Planning Book

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

anyone know how to upload quantities from a file into a Demand Planning Book? What is the file type and data.

Or where can i find documentatuon abiut this.

I´m trying to upload data from an excel file but always get this error message:

"File cannot be uploaded" , "File has no technical information or incorrect technical information".

Does anyone know what does it mean?

Regards,

Teresa Lopes

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is also a technical option using the planning book bapi. Where you read the file and write data into the planning area using the bapi. I have seen several versions of this application. Are there any kind developers out there with a program like this in the public domain they would like to share?

George

Former Member
0 Kudos

George--

Can you elaborate on this? To me, if uploading is this difficult, doesn't that quality as a bug as it is in most other ERP systems?

Teresa--

Did you try the copy-paste special-values version mentioned earier with any success?

Thanks.

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Teresa--

Did you find a satisfactory answer to your question? We are facing a similar issue here. We can get a random 80 percent or so of an upload from a CSV file to go in, but not all of it and it isn't consistent why. I'd love to find out the logic with the file so I can adjust accordingly.

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dave,

I haven´t solve my problem yet.

I still have problems with the upload, I stil get the error /SAPAPO/SDP_UPLOAD009 after changing file and when I try to upload it again.

I start doing the download to a CSV file (choose Prepare file for upload at later time and save addicional information in file) and , then I rename to .txt and open it in excel (to see all coluns), then I change quantities in key figures, save back to a CSV file and try to do the upload. Then I get the error message.

If you have any news please tell me.

Teresa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Teresa

Did you check system logs using t code SLG1?

It should ive you the details of error.

Rgds

SB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Did you follow step 3 below? separator?

Please follow below

1.Download the file from planning book in speadsheet format(Default format)

2.Name the file and save to excel.

3.In pop up while download select check box "Prepare file for upload at later time" and separator as comma (,)

4.While upload click button "Check"

5.Check SLG1 for logs

Technical error means your dat does not match with planning book for example planning buckets and columns in file

or else it might have some extra character present in some of the cell.

Rg,

SB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Theresa,

DP is very fussy about format. After you have exported file in CSV format, you mustn't change anything other than the values contained in the cells.So, download to CSV, using comma as a separator. Ensure that your Desktop is set up such that CSV file uses comma as a separator. In Windows, Start > Control Panel > Regional and Language options > Regional Options > Customize > List separator; ensure that this is a comma. In other Desktop OS's, you will have to perform a similar function. Now, open the CSV in Excel. If you are asked to parse the file, stop. You will never be consistently successful. You should just open the CSV file natively in Excel. Once the file is loaded into Excel, do not change any formatting to make it more 'readable', it is not intended to be readable, it is a medium for moving data. It may look like a spreadsheet, but it is not. Change only the values in the cells. When done, save as CSV. Upload to DP.

Another problem that causes incomplete uploads is that users will occasionally enter a comma or a quotation mark one of the cells (when entering the new values). Sometimes a 'value' (numeric field) is mistakenly entered as text. In Excel, it may look like the other numbers, but in fact it is text with a comma inside.

I typically tell my users the easiest way is to prepare an additional Excel spreadsheet (.XLS or .XLSX) that is an exact mirror to the downloaded CSV file, including the downloaded values. Then, within the Excel sheet, manage the data in any way you wish, using formulae etc. Then, highlight the new values; perform Copy, and then in the CSV file, Paste-special-values. I can't emphasize enough that you must not change any columns or rows in any other way in the CSV.

Best Regards,

DB49

exaltedsaturn
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dogboy,

I'm trying to upload the data from CSV file to planning book and i got to a point where the i get messages, that the file contents were read, data was checked and data was transferred, but then i do not see the new values showiing up in the key figure in the planning book. what am i missing?

Thanks

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

I will assume you have already checked everything I mentioned in my 2010 post.  Please confirm.

I will assume that you have already validated that you can manually update the KFs that you are trying to upload.  Please confirm. Also, did you attempt your upload using the EXACT same data view and selection from which you downloaded?

You normally test this functionality by starting with a very limited selection, then download, say, one or two CVCs.  Change one cell contents in the CVC file, then upload immediately; without changing your DP view at all.

If this works OK, then you just have to be diligent in ensuring that your upload environment is EXACTLY the same as the download environment.

If this simple test doesn't work OK, then I would check whether you are trying to upload data into fields that are also being updated by macro.

Best Regards,

DB49

exaltedsaturn
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dogboy,

yes i'm following hte same file format that i have downloaded as it is to upload as well. i have also verified that i can mannually vchange the key figure. I'm getting hte following message about

macros.

Thanks

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

I cannot say what is wrong 1. without actually knowing what all the default macros actually are doing, 2. without seeing the exact procedure you are using, and 3. without reviewing each screen as it happens, This is not easily feasible from within SCN posts.

Perhaps you should open a new thread, and solicit help from the entire community? (many SCN members do not look at posts that were 'tacked on' to a post that was not originated by them).

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

You can upload the flat file i.e. file with csv format first in APO BW i.e. Infocube from there you can upload the file from respective infocube to planning area using. T-code /SAPAPO/TSCUBE - Load Data from InfoCube.

For uploading the csv file in APO BW , you should already defined the source system as excel. I will suggest to go through building blocks mainly section 2 which explains more about APO BW and assignment of source system. Please find the detail information regarding APO BW building blocks.

http://help.sap.com/bp_scmv250/BBLibrary/documentation/DPL_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_DE.doc

Please go through the section 2. Setting up APO BW which will tell you all the details steps

Please let us know if this is useful information for you.

Thanks

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The best way is to download an excel file from within planning book for DP and update it with the number and uplaod the same.

Please find detailed information at SAP help URL below:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/en/fd/b3bca1be07413fb6f99163c36cf299/frameset.htm

Regards

Datta