cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

solution landscape to implement MDM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Could you pls give me some examples of the real time landscapes for MDM implementation and how you have handled the end to end scnrios.

Ex: I have 3 sap instances and want to implement to SAP MDM for consolidation and centralization Solution : Some one suggested me to get all the data from 3 sap instances into one new SAP INSTANCE(s4) and then from then on use XI/PI to import into XI, and similarly do the syndicaton to the S4, and then using ALE technology will got back to S1, S2, S3.

1. In my case I have 3 sap instances, I need to do consolidation/centralization/harmonization. do you think the above solution is good enough. Pls suggest me the best possible solution landscape to implement MDM.

2. Similarly could you pls explain me the landscape what you had in your environment, was it only SAP instances or you also had non SAP instances, how did you do the end to end.

Rgds,

ve

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajesh_chavan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I will not go with the suggested way in your thread.

I will integrate all 3 SAP systems with MDM using SAP PI. You can directly pull data from all 3 SAP systems to SAP MDM. consolidate / maintain in MDM using Key mapping concept so that you can track which record came from which system. Generate unique ID for matching purpose and syndicate/ send back clean records to respective SAP systems. This is your consolidation and harmonisation. After completing this you can create records in MDM and send back to respective SAP ECC systems. SAP PI can be your middleware to exchange the data.

Many factors need to consider like type of data, maintained fields, how you will generate new number rnage, unique ID utilisation etc...this are based on business need and landscape. BUt you donot require 4th SAP instance to consolidate data for sure.

We have integrated both SAP non-SAP systems with MDM. approach was similar.

Cheers,

+Rc

Answers (0)