Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetWeaver portal administrator user account (UME) locked

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm on NetWeaver 2004s on Windows. I've been using the UME user "administrator" to perform some development work on Guided Procedures etc and things have been working OK.

When I tried to deploy some code from Developer Studio to the J2EE engine (for the very first time), I was prompted for the J2EE engine password. I'm not sure but I probably put in the wrong one, as deployment kept failing with a message pointing to authentication error.

Then I discovered I cannot login to Portal as administrator any more and the message is the account is locked. I suspect Developer Studio's repeated login failures caused this.

Now my question #1 is, how do I fix this? If the administrator's account is locked, what can I do to unlock it?

Question #2 will be, once I re-enable the administrator account, I'd like to input the correct password in Developer Studio. But Studio only asked me for the password the very first time it tried to do the deployment. I think it saved the password somewhere and repeatedly used it. If so, where can I change it?

Thanks much in advance,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some additional info:

I cannot connect via the J2EE Visual Admin console either as user administrator.

But I am able to start/stop the system (J2E) as administrator. I suppose these two "administrators" are actually different, as I have different passwords for them.

This is all on my own PC which I have full access.

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some additional info:

I cannot connect via the J2EE Visual Admin console either as user administrator.

But I am able to start/stop the system (J2E) as administrator. I suppose these two "administrators" are actually different, as I have different passwords for them.

This is all on my own PC which I have full access.

0 Kudos

Hi ,

Do you have J2EE standalone or J2EE+ABAP add-in installation ? What system do you use as a source for UME ?

Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos

1) Usually when the administrator account gets locked the way you unlock it is by activating the Emergency User.

Check this link of Help to do the process:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/3a/4a0640d7b28f5ce10000000a155106/frameset.htm

2) The reason for this is the SDM password is cached normally and doenst ask you for second time. The best way is to restart the J2EE Engine again. Close the developer studio and opne again and try deploying.

Are you using the Sneak Preivew ?

Hope this helps,

Kumar

0 Kudos

I have the J2EE-only sneak preview version.

The source for the UME is whatever the default is by the instaler. I guess that's the local database. I do have admin rights to the local db.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to go ahead and enable the emergency user. You can then logon to the VA with the emergency user and unlock the Administrator user or change its password. After you do that you have to disable the Emergency user and should be able to logon with the Administrator.

For the passwrod change case, you'll also need to update the new password in the File system secure store of the J2EE Engine. You do this with the config tool ( the secure store is encrypted), as described here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/cd/14c93ec2f7df6ae10000000a114084/content.htm

BTW...the Administrator user will get locked on deployment if you changed its password and you didn't update the secure store in the file system. As for starting/stopping the J2EE Engine - this operation uses OS level security - that is you actually entered the password for an Administrator user on you Windows (I assume) box.

For question #2, Go to Windows > Preferences > SAP Enterprise Portal see if the check box "Yes, I want to remember passwords..." is enabled. If disabling it doesn't work I would suggest restarting the Developer studio

Hope this helps,

Yonko

Message was edited by: Yonko Yonchev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

best practice for avoiding issues like this: Maintain a second portal user with congruent administrative rights.

Regards,

Oliver

former_member185864
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In case of "Administrator" is locked; just follow below steps:

1. open the configtool: <b>C:\usr\sap\<InstenceID>\JC<xx>\j2ee\configtool --></b> configtool.bat

ex: C:\usr\sap\J9E\JC09\j2ee\configtool ---> configtool

2. Activate the "super admin" and enter password(this is your choice) in configtool properties:

In <b>Config tool: cluster-data>Global Server configuration>services--> com.sap.security.core.ume.service</b>

find below ume properties and change values as i mentioned

<b>ume.superadmin.activated</b>=TRUE

<b>ume.superadmin.password</b>= < enter password>

3. Save the changes in configtool. click on Save button.

4. Stop the j2ee engine.

5. Start the j2ee engine.

6. Now you login to UME with username "<b>SAP*</b>" and password "<b>what you entered in configtool</b>"

7. After logging into UME Search for user "administrator" then unlock this user; or if you want to change password you can change it.

8. Goto config tool follow step 1:

9. Follow step2: and change ume property values as below:

ume.superadmin.activated=FALSE

ume.superadmin.password= < > (note: seta as default or blank)

10. Save the change setting in configtool.

11. Restart the j2ee engine ( Stop and Start).

12. Now login to user as "Administrator"; you will succussfully loging into ume;

If you follow all steps you should get results what you expected.

Please let me know if you get any issues;

<b>Thanks,

Nagaraju Parlapalli</b>

0 Kudos

Hi Nagaraju,

Maybe you can help me.

I have the same problem: Administrator user locked. I am working with the Sneak Preview 2004s Version Java. When I extended the license by 90 days more, I had to change the administrator user password, but I forgot that I had changed the password and insisted with the preview ! ... so I locked the administrator user.

I read you answer in this post, and I realized that this is exactly what I did .... But, anyway, I can't login to the Visual Administrator with SAP* user (Super admin) to be able to unlock the Administrator user. SAP* is ignored, the screen doens't change, and login doesn't exist ....

Apart from that procedure ,,, Are there other things that I would have to do?

Thanks

Investiga NVS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagaraju Parlapalli,

I had a similar issue as explained above.I tried the steps mentioned by you.It actually resolved the issue.

Thanks a lot.

Regards.

Pooja Suresh Vernekar

NW EIM BI

Edited by: Pooja Suresh Vernekar on Jan 18, 2008 12:40 PM