cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer master/Material Master modification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We need to modify our customer/material masters with a new field in basic data screen. The field value will be copied to sales order for necessary processing.

Although it needs to be done by abapers but I need to give inputs on the exits to be used and other things which will help them to code.

Pls advice on what exits to be used abd how to find them and how to copy the new field value from master data to sales order

regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, we can do that with change LSMW or BDC for getting the informatin into the sales order.

but , let me know why you need to have the exits for doing chnages in master data taht is customer and materials.

regards,

balajia

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For Addtional Fields you required Create respective Z Table and inculde it to MARA and VBAK / VABP Tables

Update MM01 / VA01 screens using Screen Builder. (Place them on Addtional DATA 2 tab in VA01) . Tcode SE51

If at all, any realted coding needs related to new fields added, do it in MV45AFZZ.

Sunil Kolambkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

try with Field exit add new fields in material master and customer master.

after that add Screen Exit on Sales Order Header and Item levels.

regards

kedasu.a

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For Customer Master Data you can use the Customer Groups in the Additional Customer Data and for Material and Material Groups in Sales org 2

If you can maintain the values here these data will also be copied into the sales order Header and Item in Additional Data Tab

regards

Prashanth

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
The field value will be copied to sales order for necessary processing

My recommendation is not to use any field in Basic Data1 and Basic Data2 which are common across a Company Code and it is not Plant specific or customer specific. Since your requirement is to fetch to sale order, better try to use any fields in sales view of that material master.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are many unused fields in BD screen in customer / material. Please try to use anyone of them.