cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebService Calls in Adobe Forms Offline Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think this topic was discussed, but I have a very specific question.

I need to create an interactive form to be used in an offline scenario but consuming a webservice from an ABAP backend on user request.

I understand you need to create and configure the web service on ABAP side using SOAMANAGER, and you need to create a data connection using the binding WSDL in the Forms Designer.

For security reasons I would like to have a basic authentication at least. According to several blog entries this should be possible.

Now the dilemma: it seems that in SOAMANAGER you can only create a web service with basic authentication using HTTPS.

BUT: Adobe Life Cycle Designer does not support HTTPS.

The only option to not use authentication at all is not an option for me.

So, does anybody have the same problem and a solution?

Is SOAMANAGER changed that way or did I just not find the right configuration possibilities?

If it is that restrictiveL since when? It was different in NW 7.0, SP 14. I am currently working with SP 18.

Please respond if you can provide any helpful insight.

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If i remember correctly I had some authentication when using Web Service in forms and it gave a prompt wherein I had to enter username and password for calling it. To avoid the prompt I had to then hard code the username and password in form itself.

Are you sure you are not getting any prompt when you call the Web Service i.e. on click of Submit button on your Adobe Form?

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, and in SOAMANAGER you could configure a webservice that way that 'Basic Authentication' was possible even using HTTP?

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think it was set to None mostly but not sure and the prompt I got was because I was trying to access a service on ABAP server and it prompted me enter the user name and password of ECC server.

Will that help because I too have read a blog from Juergen that secured Web Services are currently not supported.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, I figured that it is possible by entering user and password.

Does anybody have a Javascript coding example how to set user and password in the background, so that the connectionSet.<Connection>.execute command already sends this information and the user does not have to do it?

Thanks,

Michael

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes this is possible. Check the following code:-

var cURL = "http://someserver:port/sap/bc/srt/wsdl/bndg_XXX/wsdl11/standard/ws_policy/document?sap-client=<client no>&sap-user=<username>&sap-password=<password>" ;
var service = SOAP.connect(cURL);
xfa.connectionSet.<connectionset name>.execute(0);

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

I tried it out but I still have to enter my user credentials.

It seems the connect statement does not have any influence. As soons as execute is called the SOAP URL is called which leads to the password popup immediately.

Any ideas or suggestions?

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I hope you are putting the code in the click event of a a custom Regular button and not using the one that can be drag-drop from the connectionset.

Try sap-username as parameter instead of sap-user in above code statement.

var cURL = "http://....?sap-client=<client no>&sap-username=<username>&sap-password=<password>" ;

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Were you able to resolve this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, no matter what I don (I even configured the WebService definition to security profile 'None'), I still have to enter name and password although it is coded now in JavaScript.

Currently no ideas...

chhanda_sarkar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

Can you please tell me whether you  could solve your problem or not.

If yeas then please tell me how you have solved your problem.

I have some  requirement like  I  need to hide the popup which is coming to take user id and password in adobe form. and I have written the same java script in button but not working

Thanks & Regards

Chhanda Sarkar