cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to send file to FTP server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using a File to File scenario. In that i am using FTP. The file is not reaching the target side. It is displaying the following error. I have checked the Target directory, it is correct.I am able to send manually FTP File to the same target directory.

Delivery of the message to the application using connection File_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: An error occurred while connecting to the FTP server 'acmxrtdb:21'. The FTP server returned the following error message: 'com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 550 C:\BankFiles\FromSAP\Wells: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect. '. For details, contact your FTP server vendor..

Please help me in solving this. It would be very helpful to me.

Thanks & Regards,,

Raju.D

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the path specified is not correct.

The value "0 C:\BankFiles\FromSAP\Wells" is not valid if the protocol is FTP. This is the physical directory on the operating system.

If you're using an FTP server you need to know the path to the file on the FTP.

To do this I suggest to connect to the FTP using Internet Explorer and navigating the FTP folders until reaching the right one.

Then on the url bar you should got something like this: "ftp://server:21/path/to/file/". Use "/path/to/file" as value for the file adapter configuration.

Hope this help

Francesco

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

The issue occured due to syntax error of the path. It should be like this : C:/BankFiles/FromSAP/Wells

Also, check whether you have write authorizations to the FTP server.

Thanks,

former_member472138
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

Yes, change to C:/BankFiles/FromSAP/Wells and see. This would work out.

Regards

Pothana