cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping step failed in BPM: IllegalInstanceException

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have implemented a BPM scenario which includes a transformation step. This step refers to a operation mapping which involves two mapping programs (1st mapping pogram to convert from message type A -> message type B and second mapping program which converts message type B -> message type C this uses RFC lookup too). On exceuting BPM; the process is stuck at this mapping step and Step history details are as follows:

com/sap/xi/tf/_MM_BPM_DEBMDM_ADRMAS_RFC_LOOKUP_DE~com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf7.IllegalInstanceException

detailed log:

com/sap/xi/tf/_MM_BPM_DEBMDM_ADRMAS_RFC_LOOKUP_DE~com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf7.IllegalInstanceException: Cannot create target element /ADRMAS03. Values missing in queue context. Target XSD requires a ~

However this same operation mapping when used without BPM works.

Kindly advice.

Thanks and Regards,

Elizabeth.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

take actual payload from SXMB_moni

and test that payload in your ESR then it will give you hint which field instance is not getting generated....

thanks

sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Already tried this using the actual payload. On observing the BPM logs -> Container variables I saw that the input message generated for the second level mapping is of incorrect messgae structure.

The mapping should have generated ADRMAS03 message but somehow it is generating ADRMASBS message.

The mapping program uses ADRMAS03 only as message type, but I cannot figure out why using BPM it is generating ADRMASBS (which is not even defined/creted in ESR).

Pls advice,

Thanks,

Elizabeth

Former Member
0 Kudos

check in your partner profile what are the message type's associated with ADRMAS

also do complete cache refresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a possiblity that at runtime the second mapping is not getting the input in the required format.

Seems, the mandatory field values are missing.

Check both the mapping on test tab and see what is the result.

-Supriya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Supriya,

I tested both mapping programs individually and together too using the Test tab. It works fine there, but when i try executing the BPM with this mapping it still gives me the same error.

Kindly guide me on this.

Thanks,

Elizabeth.

Edited by: Elizabeth Jacob on Nov 11, 2010 7:26 AM