cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resorce planning on activities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to do resource planning on activities. My scenario is, an activity performed by different skilled persons and by some equipment. All these persons are temporary employees and there is no master data for them. They would like to track on daily basis, what are the activities and how many persons are involved on skilled basis and any equipment is being used. We are not using personal development module to capture qualification catalogues.

How can we map the above scenario in SAP

Regards,

Laxminarsimha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create Work Center capacities based on skills.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for the inputs.

Could you please elaborate this how I can use Work Center capacities based on skills

Regards,

Laxminarsimha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As suggested in the earlier post create individual work centers based on the different skill sets you are going to use for resource planning. You can also assign resources to the work centers, however since you are not maintaining any master data for the resources i doubt whether this can be possible.

You can even explore the option of Project team for WBS elements. however for this you need to have the master data for the resources.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are not going to maintain any master data for persons.

For example, I have four skill sets, skill 1, skill 2, skill 3 and skill 4.

I would like to assign 10 skill 1, 5 skill 2, 15 skill 3 reources to an activity. How would I do without masterdata.

Regards,

Laxminarsimha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create different activities for different skill sets. For eg.

If you want to assign 10 skill 1 then create 10 activities and name those activities based on the person who is going to do it. Since the skill set is same you can use the same work center for all the activities. I know this is a lengthy process but since you are not maintaining any personnel master data i can only think of this way to achieve this.

If someone else has a better option please share.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the inputs. This option doesn't work for me.

I would like to assign 10 resources of skill 1, 5 resources of skill 2 and 15 resources of skill 3 to a single activity

Regards,

Laxminarsimha

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try this...

Create work centers as skills, so sk1, sk2, sk3 work centers created. Maintain capacities in the work center equal to no. of persons available for each skills. let say you have 15 persons of each skill set, so maintain the no. of individual capacity as 15 in each work center.

Now for a activity create 3 activity elements say AE1, AE2,AE3 for activity ACT1. for each activity elements assign the 3 different work centers. Now maintain the no. of person from each skills required in the no. of capactiy field in the activity element. So, AE1 = 10, AE2=5, AE=15.

Now you can analyse the availability of person skill set wise

Edited by: Ahmed Rifaee on Nov 10, 2010 6:50 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ahmed,

Many thanks for your kind help.

It has really shown some path in proceeding further.

I have some doubts. I have done the below steps

1) Created work centre SK1

2) Entered Base unit of measure as DAY in capacity tab (We don't need to track on hourly basis)

3)No of Ind cap as 10

4) Created Activity element and assigned this work center.

5) Enter 5 in 'NUMBER' field and also in 'WORK' field

6) When I checked the report CN50N, I could not able to display the field 'NUMBER'

If I want to create Equipment as work centre, what could be the unit of measure in work centre

Please confirm whether I have missed out anything

Regards,

Laxminarsimha

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you checked all the fields avaialble, because it is possible that field label in this report could be different. so try it out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah, I have checked the report but could not able to find field 'Number of capacities required'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any way I can see 'Number of capacities required' field in CN50N report

Regards,

Laxminarsimha

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are sure that the field is not available, then follow the solution suggested in this Note 43493 - Project information system: New fields in structures to add the fields in the reports.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot