cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To Verify Credentials again for an event inside a page using a POPUP window

Former Member
0 Kudos

If there is an evnet going to happen in a page say for example Insert.Is there any option other than Digital Signature to again request Credentials to Execute that event by POPing up a Window.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your requirements sound like a simple use case for the iCommand (with a display template). Putting your SQLQuery INSERT template in conjunction with the iCommand will prompt the user to revalidate thier identity before running the statement. If you need further processing just simply put the SQLQuery inside a BLS transaction and you can do additional processing as needed. Using AutoBinding with the Xacute query will also allow you to capture additional session attributes as needed in your business logic.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

Your way will be like Implementing Using Digital Signature Property of iCommand applet.It will be based on role basis.But for me it should be User basis i.e. the Specific User only has to go in and also need to get comments along with authentication.So need of some seperate verification module.Any Possibilities?..

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you need to collect a comment or other tidbits of information you can easily use javascript to prompt them for the information, or use html form field(s), then assign them to Param.x in your iCommand applet that calls a transaction. The digital signature element of the iCommand would only be to have them revalidate themselves as a user and check their pwd. The rest of the logic could exist in the transaction, where the actual command / insert / whatever would happen, but at that point all the information would be available: they are a valid user, and you have the necessary information.

The Role basis for the iCommand could just be SAP_XMII_Users, or any role that relevant users belong to - it is only for the user/pwd recheck. You could do any additional processing as needed inside the transaction.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Selva,

You can create your own code to check the user name and credentials against the authorized user name and password. If it matches, you allow user to continue else exit.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kedar,

How to Verify MII credentials from my own Code.I cant find options to check by coding also.If it is possible kindly explain me with coding.

Thanks,

Selva