SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power/ Water Utility Best Practise Document or Cook Book

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I tried searching Best Practise Documents for utility, but not able to get the same.

Can you please help me; to get those cookbooks for Water/Power Utility.

Thanks In Advance

SachinK

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Water Utilities

1. Navigate to this link http://help.sap.com/bp_waterutilv1600/index.htm

2. From the menu click on "Business Information"

3. Click on Preconfigured Scenarios.

Here you will find the BPP and Config Guide for all the scenarios.

Regards

GK.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Water Utilities

1. Navigate to this link http://help.sap.com/bp_waterutilv1600/index.htm

2. From the menu click on "Business Information"

3. Click on Preconfigured Scenarios.

Here you will find the BPP and Config Guide for all the scenarios.

Regards

GK.

0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all Thank you so much.

These documents are good enough to start with.

Do we have something more specific to Power sector as well and some more documents for Water.

There are standard customisation settings available, but what I see is I need to configure manually for all those settings.

Is their any faster way of uploading this Master Data directly.

Thanks again for sharing the link.

Best Regards

SK

0 Kudos

Hi,

Then you need to start doing BC set Activation. Please consult your BASIS team.

Please check this link http://help.sap.com/bp_utilities603/UTL_CN/html/scope/Scoping_offline_SC.htm?display=STE-UTL_CN_1603...

Here click on each button a screen will popup, then you just click on blue colour icon it will open the config guide and BPP documents.

Regards

GK.

Edited by: Gnana Kumar on Nov 10, 2010 11:19 AM

0 Kudos

Hi GK,

Thanks for reply.

The BBP and Config Documents avaibale seems to be related to other submodules and not totally related to Utilities.

As I understand the BC sets can be configured based on the data configured and available in a particular system.

I have a BLANK/ Scratch New system with me. My basic aim was to make the upload process fast. as I don't have a configured system in hand, I need to manually upload.

Then consulting with BASIS team will not solve the issue, Am I right?

Thanks for the reply again.

Regards

SK.

0 Kudos

HI,

Consult your BASIS Team for BC set Activation.. for IS-Water utilities,,, you can find the installation procedure in the Service marketplace... under Softwares downloads....installation & Upgrades...Entry by application group----SAP Best Practices. Here you can find the best practice for IS-water utilities.

With the help of BC set activation you can eliminate the manual configuration. the Best practice will be configured in your system with Sample data.

Regards

GK.

0 Kudos

Dear GK,

Thanks for the Inst guide link.

I guess I need to look more into BC sets.

What I understand is from the data already available in system the "BS Sets" are prepared.

The thing here is I don't have data, and I don't want to go for manual upload.

Whether the link ( Installation guide) mentioned by you gives any data files ready with sample data.

So that this data can be uploaded directly in system and I will get sample data.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Best Regards

SK.

kulsac_20034 at indiatimes.com

0 Kudos

Hi

The information needed to install SAP Best Practices with default values and sample data is included in the document http://help.sap.com/bp_waterutilv1600/documentation/Util_Install_Guide_EN_US.doc

Regards

GK

0 Kudos

Dear GK,

As of now your reply has solved my problem.

Now my turn to look into all.

Thanks a lot.

In case of more queries I will contact you.

Can I directly communicate to you for smaller issues?

Best Regards

SK.