cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Read the Portal User Name/ID in WebDynpro Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I saw one thread posted on this exact issue back in 2008 but with no resolution.

My WebDynpro application is going to run in our Dealer Net portal. I need to read the dealer's username/id internally in my application. Please note that I can not use sy-uname for this so please do not recommend it. The dealer net usernames are of a different length. For example, they are 13 characters in length whereas the sy-uname is only 12 characters. Also, not all our dealer usernames exist on our SAP system, so realing sy-uname is definately out of the question.

Please advise,

Thanks in advance,

Christiaan Pistorius

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sharathmg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Now, to retrieve the user id you need to either use the sap login id i.e. sy-uname or obtain it from the user directory in which it is stored. Kindly clarify the below points:

1.If you cannot use sy-uname then whcih user id are you passing to login to SAP?

2.Where is the user ID of delaers maintained?

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi S,

Thank you very much for your reply.

We have arranged for all the Dealer User IDs to be created in SAP. In otherwords, no Dealer portal user will be able to use the application if the Dealer ID does not exist in SAP. I guess this is in accordance with licensing as well!

Therefor, I will be able to use the sy-uname system structure.

Thanks,

C