Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: Maintain settlement rule of the sender for a higher level WBS

dushyantpilania3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont want to maintain the settlement rule for a higher level WBS. How can i configure this in such a way that i dont get the following error:" Maintain settlement rule of the sender" while doing CJ88. Maintaing a separate Settlement profile for a higher level WBS is an option but we are looking if something else could be done The problem is that there are no actuals booked against, say, level 2 WBS but when i execute CJ88, i get the aforesaid error. How can i ensure that only the lowest level WBS ask for the settlement rule and not the levels above it. I have already removed the Investment profile from the higher level WBS but still getting the same error.

Regards,

DPil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If actuals cost are posted only on lower level WBSE but not in higher level WBSE, then simply remove the account assignment indicator from that WBSE. Now system will not ask you to maintain settlement rule for it.

dushyantpilania3
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help.

I would appreciate if you could also tell the reason as to why the acct assignment element check box is greyed out for some WBS and for some it is available for input. There are few level-2 WBS currently in REL status;for some Acct assgnmnt element can be changed while for some it is greyed out. What could be the reason for this?

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If any commitment/actual cost are posted to the project the indicator will be greyed out.

dushyantpilania3
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot.

dushyantpilania3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

i just checked again and the system is still asking to maintain the settlement rule of the sender. i guess there is something else that needs to be done here. Do i also need to remove the check mark All acct assgnmemt from OPSA?

Regards,

Dushyant

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check if the WBSE is marked as a billing element. If it is marked as a billing element, then deselect the indicator and then do settlement. But, if the prroject is for a sales order and that WBSE has been assigned to a Sales order then you have to maintain settlement rule for that WBSE.

dushyantpilania3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is a type Capex WBS and Biling element is not checked. In fact i get a warning while doing the settlement: WBS is neither a billing element nor an account assignment element.

Diagnosis

WBS element is not indicated as either an account assignment element or as a billing element in the master record.

System Response

The WBS element cannot be assigned to an account.

Procedure

Correct your entries or add the missing indicator to the master record for the WBS element.

But this is just a warning. On pressing enter i get the error :Maintain settlement rule of the sender "

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you are just entering WBSE in the input field and trying settlement. If that the case then it will happen as you said. Try giving project definition instead of WBSE and mark "with hierarchy" indicator and then do settlement.

dushyantpilania3
Participant
0 Kudos

You are absolutely right. Thanks a ton for all your help.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

dushyantpilania3
Participant
0 Kudos

Still not resolved

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can make that WBS element as Statistical.

rgds