Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export from Oracle 9i to be Imported into Oracle 10g on 32bit platform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently, I am in the process of performing a Homogenous system copy

due to a domain change in our organization using R3load procedure.

I have taken the export of the existing system which is on Oracle 9i.

Initially, I was planning on setting up the new system on Oracle 9i,

now that Oracle 9i is out of support, I would have to go with Oracle

10g.

I found a note on this topic, SAP Note: 932722, however, this note

explicitly talks about database specific procedure of system copy and

also this note is for 64 bit platform.

Can you point me towards a Note or documentation which can be used as

reference for importing an Oracle 9i export into Oracle 10g on 32bit

platform(System copy procedure is R3load)?

OS- Windows 2003 32bit, ECC 5.0

Regards,

Vishnu.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

An R3load export is by definition "database and operating system independent".

Since you don't change neither OS nor database (a version change is technically not a change) you can simply import everything to Oracle 10g without an issue.

Markus

volker_borowski2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Keep in mind to use the PatchCollection Installation 6.20/6.40 for your systemcopy of ECC 5.0,

to be able to select 10g as a Target.

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks a lot for answers. As per your suggestions, I have installed Oracle 10g and set about

installing Central Instance.

Now I have another problem,

MDB-06168 oracle is not installed on this host. Install oracle before continuing.

I found a couple of notes related to this error, 940794, 949116.

These notes talk about, which installing oracle 10g from the right dvd.

I have the right dvd's for Oracle 10g, however the Installation Master 6.20/6.40 Windows Server on <xxx> (#51032936_13, #51032936_14 or #51032936_15 in note 949116 are not to be found online.

We currently dont have an Solution Manager installation in our company.

Any suggestions.

Regards,

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

Have you able to do it (The upgrade from 9.2 to 10.2). If yes, Request you to give the details.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

I used dvd 51030191 to install my system (SAP NETWEAVER 04, Installation Master DVD, Oracle) and had no problems.

You wil not need a key from Solution Manager. You will need a Migration key which you can get from service.sap.com.

Please, do not forget to set the environment variable ORACLE_HOME before starting the installation.

Regards,

Constantina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Constantina,

It is my understanding that we need a Solman Key,

not a migration key as this is not a Heterogenous System copy.

The dvd that I am currently using is 51031149_2.

Regards,

Vishnu.

volker_borowski2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

> Keep in mind to use the PatchCollection Installation 6.20/6.40 for your systemcopy of ECC 5.0,

> to be able to select 10g as a Target.

> Volker

Hi,

looks like the September 2009 6.20/6.40 Patchcollection installation Master has been removed.

I have used that one many times for succesfull Installations with both 10.2.0.2 and 10.2.0.4 on

plain Netweavers, BW or ERP 2004/ ECC 5.0 Systems.

Dated yesterday there are new Installation Master Downloads available which cover Oracle 10 and 11

ZIP 51040087_9 NW 04 SR1 Inst.Mst WIN Server IA32 32bit f. Oracle 10.2/11.2 16.11.2010

I'd give that a look

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Volker,

Thanks for your response, I can't find the new installation master for 6.40 that you mentioned.

I guess it depends on the maintenance agreement that we have with SAP.

Regards,

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are paying the license fee to SAP for your product then you should be able to download the required software. Do you have all the relevent access to your S user.

I can see the DVD mentioned by Volker. Are you following Installations and Upgrades - Entry by Application Group" SAP Application Components" SAP ERP" SAP ERP 2004

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

according to SAP Note 971646, you can install your system using the following "6.20/6.40-based products Installation Master" DVD to copy your SAP systems:

"6.20/6. 40 based products Installation Master (Edition May 2008)" DVD (Material Number 51033746)

You can go to service.sap.com/swdc -> Installations and upgrades -> Search for Installations and Upgrades, and search for this dvd using the material number. You will get a list of CDs for every OS. Choose the one suitable for your system and download it.

Please read this note (971646) and follow all the recommendations for your system.

Regards,

Constantina

volker_borowski2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Volker,

>

> Thanks for your response, I can't find the new installation master for 6.40 that you mentioned.

>

> I guess it depends on the maintenance agreement that we have with SAP.

>

> Regards,

> Vishnu

Hi,

what did you try to get it?

It is in the installation section, not the patches section.

http://service.sap.com/installations

Left frame: "Search for installations and upgrades"

enter "51040087_9"

will give just a single hit

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Somewhat related query in following link:

Please help.

Thanks & Regards,

Kashyap Shah

SAP Technology Consultant

Cell: +91 9819815655

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

you definitely can do the import directly to Oracle 10.2.

I 'm performing myself the same copy right now: export from Oracle 9.2 - import to Oracle 10.2. (almost done), although an Oracle upgrade was not planned right now.

All you need is the right Master Installation CD for your SAP release and the most updated kernel patches. Don't forget to update the dbatools (brbackup, brrestore etc) with DBATOOLS from release 7.0.

Run SAPinst and choose the System Copy option for your system -> Target system -> ABAP system (or ABAP+Java - this depends on your system) -> Oracle -> (Non-) Unicoe system -> Database Installation.

Regards,

Constantina

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you have multiple choices:

1. use SAPINST/R3LOAD

2. upgrade to Oracle 10g

3. use Oracle's EXP and then IMP (I do not recommend this).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are not going to change SAP release, you can also upgrade Oracle 9i to Oracle 10g.

See Database upgrade guide for more details.

[ Upgrade to Oracle Database 10g Release 2 (10.2): Windows |http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=00200797470000089041&_SCENARIO=01100035870000000202&_OBJECT=011000358700003520252006E]

Regards.

Rajesh Narkhede

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its possible , we can refer this as Heterogenous system copy .

You have already taken the export using SAPINST , can be imported to Oracle10g .

For more info you can read system copy guide.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gagan,

Thanks for your response,

As per your suggestion, I looked at the System Copy guide for Heterogeneous System Copy,

On service.sap.com/osdbmigration under FAQ's this is what I found,

I plan to copy my SAP system to a new hardware with the same OS and DB products but higher release levels. Is this a migration or a homogeneous system copy?

A change of the version of the operation system and/or the database system is not relevant in the context of a migration or a homogeneous system copy. If you don't change the product, but only the release level it is a homogeneous system copy. If you change OS and/or DB, it is a migration.

The system copy guide, doesn't explicitly talk about an export from Oracle 9i imported into Oracle 10g.

Can you point me to a guide or Note?

Regards,

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Of course you can do a heterogeneous system copy on this case.

I don't know what is you system release, I post here the link for the installation guide of Netweaver 7,

https://websmp206.sap-ag.de/instguidesNW70. Just go to the sublink Installation in the left frame.

Here is the link for the doc of system copy based on Nw7 ABAP.

https://websmp206.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000514722009E.pdf

You can do also a homogenous system copy to the new server and then upgrade the database.

Hope it helps,

Best regards,

HoangSon