cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubt Regarding Communication channel picking up the file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have an scenario where there are different input directories(a1,a2,a3,a4) and output directories(b1,b2,b3,b4)..

My case is if a file has been placed in the directory a1 it has to be processed and sent to the communication channel which has traget directory as b1.. same has to be repeated for the rest of the directories respectively..

here the file structures are same nothing depends on any condition..if theres any condition we could have used Condition statement in ID..

To be simple if a file is placed in a1 it has to reach b1

kindly help me

thanks,

Vinit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinit,

This can be done using Dynamic configuration. You need to get the source directory using mapping and in the variable substitution u can define that.

Check the link below:

/people/madanmohan.agrawal/blog/2009/05/20/combining-three-different-aspects-of-pi-asma-af-module-and-variable-substitution-in-one-shot

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Supriya and Hareen,

i Dont have any mapping . the files have to be place in respective folders only .

Former Member
0 Kudos

You mean you have done without creating Repository Objects?

Then it would not be possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Repository objects are MI for Inbound and outbound and an external definition of source file...no mapping or anything

the file structure is gona be same..but if the file is placed in a1 it has to be sent to f1 and similarly for the other

Former Member
0 Kudos

As there is no mapping, we cannot do anything to process to the respective folders.

It is better to have individual receiver communication channels. I think there is no other approach.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yeah hareen..Been Doing that

can you help me in one more thing.these output folders are input to a BPM. BPM has to run parallely for each folder..can u suggest me the changes reqrd ..i am new to BPM's.its been bit hard to get this..i made a BPm for one folder and its working but this new reqrmnt came

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vinit,

Check the below blog of Krinhna moorthy, this will give you a light on BPM.

/people/krishna.moorthyp/blog/2005/06/09/walkthrough-with-bpm

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use dynamic configuration to read the source fille directory.

After that using variable substitution at the receiver side, you can generate the receiver file directory based on the source file directory name.

-Supriya.