cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transport request

0 Kudos

what is the difference between client dependent and client independent transport request?

and

how can i come to know which request is client dependent and client inependent

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Very clear & detailed explanation given by mate, I hope that is sufficient to understand the difference.

Apart from the above, I would like to add-

In Brief,

All Workbench requests are "Client-Independant" & all "Customization requests" are known as Client dependant.

I hope you will easily come to know, particular Transport Request is Workbench request or Customization request.

Hope it adds info.

Regards,

Reazuddin MD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should be knowing that the configurations you are doing are getting updated in soem database tables finally.

The database tables will have one field called MANDT which is the client number. If a database table has this field, then it is called client dependent tables. Any transports updating such tables are called as Client dependent transports.

Most of the configuration(functional) changes are client dependent changes.

On the contrary, there are certain database tables which dont have this field. Hence in one Application server, if there are multiple client, the change done will be reflected in all the clients as the database table is same. Most of the development transports fall under client independent transports. Some of the functional transports like condition table are also client independent transports.

If there are multiple clients in an Application server, a client dependent transport needs to be moved to all the clients by means of a client copy for that particular object through t.code SCC1. For client independent transport, this is not needed. Once a change is done, it will be reflected in all clients within that application server, and hence no transport is necessary.

regards

balajia.

hi,

this is to inform you that,

i got the infomation from out side sources & unfortunately the information which i got and typed here and the information which lakshmipathi has showed in the link was same.

regards,

balajia

Edited by: balaji timmampalli achari on Nov 10, 2010 7:14 AM

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> You should be knowing that the configurations you are doing are getting updated in soem database tables finally.

>...

> Edited by: balaji timmampalli achari on Nov 10, 2010 7:14 AM

Look what happened to the last person who copy pasted this information:

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

this is to inform you that,

i got the infomation from out side sources & unfortunately the information which i got and typed here and the information which lakshmipathi & matt has showed in the link was same.

regards,

balajia

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

FIrst of all, you were not suppose to delete Moderators comments and secondly, the explanation given is not an acceptable one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear lakshmipathi,

forgive me for doing that.

that means as per your statement i copied the information and pasted there, ok.

you can also think in this way no sir that already i had this information with me which unfortunately matching with the link.

ok, sir what should i do now.

please convey to me i will accept it.

regards,

balajia

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should never ever do copy pasting from others. Even copy pasting from standard links is not acceptable. Instead you provide that link and that too if that is relevant to the question asked.

On your comments

i had this information with me which unfortunately matching with the link

sorry I can confidently tell that this particular text had been copy pasted and it is not yours. Just for point sake, dont deviate the forum rules and jump into a problem.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear lakshmipathi,

i said forgive me on that,

ok, should i prove that now that i got the same information prior to this link.

regards,

balajia.