cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost previous mapping

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi! Some strange things have happened to the mapping file. I have created a new mapping file and have successfully loaded data using that mapping file. Now, I found that if I open the file (source) again and open the mapping file, VALUE mappings for some of the fields are gone. There seems to be a trend that it only happens for fields that contain null values. I am working on SP2. Does anyone know whether there is some settings somewhere which I should do or is this a bug?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

SF

Edited by: SF on Nov 10, 2010 1:32 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Just add to above just check in configuration option the "Automatic map NULL value" to yes in value automap section .

Thanks,

sudhanshu

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi sudhanshu,

I have tried this but it doesn't work. I have even created a new map but every time I re-open the same source and open this map, those values just won't come across. Then I tried to create another new map but only map one field (that was giving the problem) and when I reopen the map I found that the other mappings come through! This is strange. I am now going to have deleted all the related mappings and still did not work.

Also, I should mention something. I have created a pivot table for this source so the source table used is the pivot table. It should not have an impact on the problem I am facing, right? I have tried to map the same field using the original source table and the mapping file saves the value mapping alright. However, if I do the same using the pivot table as source table, it will not save.

Cheers!

SF

Edited by: SF on Nov 11, 2010 10:28 AM

former_member208981
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SF,

I hope you are using SAVE UPDATE option. This will ensure that the previous value mappings saved in the map is present and is not lost on the next save map action.

Please refer the below article:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/80ad0cff-19ef-2b10-54b7-d4c7eb4390dd

Thanks,

Priti

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi! I have tried the save update option but to no avail.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Problem occurs due to every source files has different set of value & fields to over come this problem choose SAVE UPDATE Option instead of SAVE because SAVE option will override the mapping where SAVE UPDATE option will update(Append) the value and field mapping. so by choosing SAVE UPDATE option Map will stabilize depending upon source files value and fields

Thanks,

Jignesh Patel