cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUP Name Change Self Service

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

Is anyone aware if you can configure the request type 'change name' through the admin screen instead of the request screen. Our client wants security admin to use this functionality instead of end-users.

Thanks,

Kyle

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you be more specific on your requirement?

Rgds,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure, no problem.

For example, an end user can go to the request screen and select one of the following: Lock account, unlock, change account, NAME CHANGE, etc depending on what is activated"

But when an admin logs into the system they cannot select NAME CHANGE when submitting a request through the (admin screen) not the request end-user request screen. i.e there is no such request type for NAME CHANGE. From what I read, the reason for this is that NAME CHANGE is really a self service function and not an actual request type.

Our requirement is that we would like this to be a request type that a security admin can select as opposed to an end user since we will not have end users submitting requests in CUP. My initial thought is you could create a custom request type and call it 'name change' and then assign it the action "CHANGE_USER"? Not sure if that will change the information in the users SU01 account.

Thanks again!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Kyle. This wouldn't work. Password Self Service and Change Name are not actual request types so there are not actions associated with them. 'Change_User' will only change the user details but not the user id of the user.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kyle,

If your management approves I believe that your admin can still use the regular 'Request Access' menu option and request for the user that needs a name change. You don't need to use the administrator request menu's for that.

Answers (0)