cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event Linkage Still Looking for Execute_Asynchronous

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to set up an event linkage in an SAP 7.0 (SP16) ECC system. My PI system is version 7.0 (SP15).

I read Michal's blog concerning the change to use the new format for proxy method names.

(/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2009/06/20/pixi-abap-proxies-say-goodbye-to-executeasynchronous-method)

My problem is that when I run SWF_BAM in the ECC system, and then attempt to create the binding, it is still looking for [MyInterfaceName].EXECUTE_ASYNCHRONOUS. The error is "method not found".

I read another post like this, and it mentioned calling the new method name in my proxy program. I am not creating a proxy program...rather want to link the proxy call to an LFA1.Created "new vendor" event.

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to get the binding to look for the newly-named method instead of Execute_Asynchronous?

Thanks,

Keith

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

venkatanarayana_vagu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello keith,

This feature is availble in PI7.1 onwards. As the client proxies has to expose (availble) to the method at PI APP system. Still you are working on PI7.0 so it may not work.

Please correct me if my understanding is wrong?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone have proxy calls from an ECC6 >SP14 system working with PI 7.0?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It looks like the "execute_asynchronous" method comes from the "SWF_BAM_NOTIFY_MONI_BY_EVENT" that defaults into the ReceiverFunctionModule field in the Event Type Linkage (tcode: swetypv). This is also what we used successfully for proxy calls out to PI in past developments.

Maybe I just need to know what values to use in the ReceiverCall and ReceiverFunctionModule fields of the Event Type Linkage when working with >SP14 abap proxies.

Anyone?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guyz i am having same issue please guide us on this.