Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validation in upload synchro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello colleagues,

I have a scenary new for me.

I have a data record for upload, and when I synchronize, I need catch status of validation in bapi wrapper .

For example, send from MI to PDA after processing of bapi wrapper create "Data 1: error in the order", or "Data 2: processing" etc.

Then the user will see the information in to PDA for correct the data record bad.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kranti_khilari
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

You could use call to function module 'BALW_BAPIRETURN_GET2' within your Create BAPI wrapper to send any error messages based on your logic to identify erroneous records sent by client for creation.

CALL FUNCTION 'BALW_BAPIRETURN_GET2'

EXPORTING

TYPE = LTYPE

CL = LCL

NUMBER = LNUMBER

PAR1 = LPAR1

PAR2 = LPAR2

PAR3 = LPAR3

PAR4 = LPAR4

" LOG_NO =

" LOG_MSG_NO =

" PARAMETER =

" ROW = 0

" FIELD =

IMPORTING

RETURN = BAPIRETURN.

For error messages, you could use the type as "E". These messages are then visible in the Message Monitoring when searched for "Error" messages, so that the data could be corrected and message could be restarted.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Kranti

rohith_deraje
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

You can implement rejection handling at your application to show the status of the record.

If any record is rejected by Backend( BAPI wraper) OR DOE, then DOE sends a rejection message to the client during sync. You application should capture this and show the status on UI.

Similarly if the record is successfully updated in backend and DOE, then DOE sends a confirmation.

For any new record created in client, the status will be "I".

Please refere to the below SDN posts on rejection handling

Regards

Rohith