cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product xx does not exist in plant xx or it has been flagged for deletion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we are implementing SRM 4.0 with CCM 2.0 in extended classic scenario. After i have created some catalog-items manually cause we are not using XI i wanted to create a shopping cart with these items. The following message as in the subject appeared on the screen. My question is, do i have to create all catalog items also on SRM-Server? So if a supplier sends me his catalog via CSV do I have to create all items in SRM or is there another option to procure these items without creation on the logical system?

BR,

Bernd

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernd,

You created manually items in CCM. Do you fill the field /CCM/PRODUCT_ID ? If yes perhaps you have to create the items in your backend and replicate it in SRM.

Bertrand.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Betrand,

thank you very much for your answer.Now i know the problem. I should not enter a product-id if i do not want to create this material in SRM.

Thanks a lot.

BR,

Bernd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernd

It is possible to use product_id without needing to replicate material masters from R/3 to SRM. For this to work you have to set the flag "Do not check product" in customizing (see SRM Server > Master Data > Define External Web Services).

We do it like that and it works perfect for us. Only annoyance is, that we have to put leading zeroes in the product_id field.

BR

Renaud

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renaud,

the flag "Do not check product" was already set but it did not work. Any idea why it does not work? What do you mean with leading zeros? Can you give me an example?

BR,

Bernd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernd,

"Do not check product" is used to avoid product check in SRM (to avoid replicating products into SRM), so they are not checked against SRM product master.

But this is not related to R/3 check.

In a classic or extended classic scenario, SRM will check that this material exists in the backend, especially for the current plant (location), before creating follow on doc.

As you created your catalog item without zeros, I guess SRM is sending this material to R/3 that does not recognize it.

Then you have this error message.

Adapt your product IDs to be aligned with R/3 material master.

Rgds

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernd

Christophe is right, the product id needs to be aligned with the R/3 material master. So if you create R/3 material masters using internal number ranges (e.g. 1.000.000 - 9.999.999) and the MARA-MATNR field is still defined to be 18 characters length, then your product id will have to look something like 000000000001001713 (just an example).

This solved our problem and we were able to work without product masters in SRM. Just don't forget to flag "Do not check product"...

However, it would be nice to have those leading zeroes kicked away. Didn't find a solution to this until now.

BR

Renaud

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph and Renaud,

thank you very much for your replies. I appreciate your help a lot. So if I will set the leading zeroes as in Renauds example i won't get the error message any longer.

BR,

Bernd

Answers (0)