Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert configuration rules not working?

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've created an alert category and tested it at RSALERTTEST. Everything worked fine and I received the email.

But then I've created an Alert rule for my alert category at RWB without limitations (I used the * everywhere) and I provoked intentional errors at my working scenarios (some adapter engine and mapping errors) and the system doesn't triggered any alerts.

What am I missing?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please uncheck the option "suppress multiple alerts from this rule". if this is checked only one alert will be created, until this is confirmed no further alerts will be created.

Also check the log table SXMSALERTLOGGER to see what happened to trace the alert.

regards,

francis

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Francis,

I've unchecked the flag and I've read the table SXMSALERTLOGGER after provoking a new error at RFC adapter and this is what I get in the table, field LOGTEXT:

• Alert Category RFC_ADAPTER_ERROR in rule Error at RFC adapter not yet confirmed. Skip creation of new Alert.

FYI:

RFC_ADAPTER_ERROR is my alert category

"Error at RFC adapter" is the rule description

What does it mean that is "not yet confirmed"?

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

2 or 3 minutes after the test with the unchecked "suppress multiple alerts from this rule" test, the alert has been created and I've received the email.

So the problem was the flag, and it need a lot of time because it was the 1st time for this system using alert rules and I guess it was compiling some code.

Thank you very much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This indicates there is already an alerts exists from that alert rule/category not yet confirmed by the recipient.

Normally when you get an alert, you will confirm it in the alert inbox of the recipient from RWB.

Check this

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/24/540f3cde4ffd3ce10000000a114084/content.htm

if the alert is not confirmed then it will be active till the expiry time. this time is specified in the alert category.

afterwards it can be deleted by the report RSALERTPROC.

regards,

francis

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks again for your detailed explanation Francis. It's my first time configuring the alerts and I'm a bit lost.

Answers (0)